Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn that was one hell of a read and learning curve! Look forward to seeing how your White Rpms turn out Barra!
whitemale2010.jpg

Cheers TOJO, here is a pic of my original WHITE RPM and a pic of one of the offspring, now owned by another keeper...

whiterpmoffspring.jpg

Barra -Stop useing the word Caramel , Caramel is a co-dom mutation with the obvious weird head pattern that originated in the UK. a hypo/normal is not a Caramel.

Barra -Stop useing the word Caramel , Caramel is a co-dom mutation with the obvious weird head pattern that originated in the UK. a hypo/normal is not a Caramel.

Sorry ntvnm, my Caramels were not produced from hypo Coastals. Therefore they are not hypo Coastal RPMs. Although they have the same look as a hypo, they are not produced in the same way as typical Hypo Coastals.....

But you are right it is a co-dom trait that 2 of my Caramel Coastals carry. One of those is the mother to the CARAMELS you have seen in the other thread....

Pike on this site has bred some very jag looking carpets from pure lines of athertons without any imports etc and im sure with selective breeding could have produced some amazing jag looking carpets. unfortunately some one stole them so will never be able to see what would have come of their offspring

Last edited by a moderator:
caramellight.jpgcarameldark.jpgcarrpm1.jpg

First 2 photos show Caramel Coastals (not hypo coastals), 3rd photo shows the results when the Caramel genetics are combined with the RPM genetics......(Father is the WHITE RPM in the above post)

As you can see the results do look superficially like a hypo Coastal. However as you can see neither of the parents are true hypos. Half the clutch also hatched out as Caramels, which reflects the working of the Caramel co-dom trait.......

I think everyone is over the debate there here embrace or move on

Barra as always brilliant looking animals mate will hopefully be in contact later in the year ;)

I think everyone is over the debate there here embrace or move on

Barra as always brilliant looking animals mate will hopefully be in contact later in the year ;)

I guess it won't be as bad as some are saying, and like somone said a page or two back even the not so good looking ones are bought for breeding. We have licences and a smaller population (America has 220 million people, Australia has 22 million, correct me if im wrong) so we definitely wont become like America ovenight. Also, with no export/import, we will have our own unique morphs.

I might add the other day (bored and on laptop) i found an add for an albino blackhead python (it had a picture so i assumed it wasn't a fake). Has this been done in australia yet?

Barra -Stop useing the word Caramel , Caramel is a co-dom mutation with the obvious weird head pattern that originated in the UK. a hypo/normal is not a Caramel.[/QUOTE
there is no doubt they are caramel coastals , the question is similar to the jags,where were they originated from?

I think everyone is over the debate
Nine pages of this thread would disagree with that statement;)
I guess it won't be as bad as some are saying, and like somone said a page or two back even the not so good looking ones are bought for breeding.
The ugly ones are sold for breeding.. how on earth is this a positive? If people go out and buy ugly RPMs for cheap so they can have their own morph line they're just gonna end up with uglies crossed to uglies.. sure even that might pop out a few nice ones but then you're left with MORE uglies... It's a vicious cycle.
We have licences and a smaller population (America has 220 million people, Australia has 22 million, correct me if im wrong) so we definitely wont become like America ovenight.
Overnight or in 50 years, what does it matter?
Also, with no export/import, we will have our own unique morphs.
No export/import? That is very naive.. how do you think the RPM genes got to Australia? They are jag genes from overseas.. there is always import and export just not legally. It's a crying shame that people in Australia are illegally receiving our OWN snakes that have been fiddled with by foreigners so we can be like them.. blurgh

EDIT: Barra, if the caramels look like hypo coastals, can I ask why you're bothering?

There is obviously a clouded history for a number of species in AUS, no one is denying that. All my animals were acquired as either hatchlings or 9 months olds all bred by Southern X. Southern X aquired their RPMs as hatchlings 4 or 5 years ago through trades from other keepers.

The ugly ones are sold for breeding.. how on earth is this a positive? If people go out and buy ugly RPMs for cheap so they can have their own morph line they're just gonna end up with uglies crossed to uglies.. sure even that might pop out a few nice ones but then you're left with MORE uglies... It's a vicious cycle.

Overnight or in 50 years, what does it matter?

No export/import? That is very naive.. how do you think the RPM genes got to Australia? They are jag genes from overseas.. there is always import and export just not legally. It's a crying shame that people in Australia are illegally receiving our OWN snakes that have been fiddled with by foreigners so we can be like them.. blurgh

It's really hard to make a snake completely undesirable, so the "uglies" would be sold for cheap, somone would love them.

It was a general statement, i know there is illegal stuff going on, but to the general market there is not a lot of illegal morphs. Jags maybe but there isn't many of them. If our morphs were to be exported they would cost a lot, and most people would not be able to get one. General statements, big picture as opposed to the little picture. If you know what i mean :)

Cris,
I for one, am no criminal and neither are any of the keepers who have aquired RPMs from myself and other keepers.

Yes I own and breed RPMs/Jags. However I aquired them captive bred in AUS and on permit. I have since bred my RPMs/Jags and sold them all on permit. There is no difference to this scenario and the scenario surrounding 95% of GTPs. Yet I dont ever hear you crying foul over that situation......

Secondly, RPMs/Jags are native pythons, 99.9% of RPMs/Jags that are in Aus have been legitametely bred and sold.

I can see you are quite unhappy with this situation, but blindly labelling people criminals is a bit over the top....

cheers Scotty1, there will be more bred this season, so keep an eye out.....

Of course, every animal that's on license has been lily white from hatching, and their ancestors....

rpmclutch1.jpg

RPM/JAG clutch hatching, sorry about the size, but you get the idea....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back