12"sub recommendations

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MatE

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Looking for a quality sub for my car,only have room for one.Ive got a Alpine V-power MRP-M1000 mono amp to drive it.So have about 600watt RMS to play with.Any help would be great.
Cheers Mat.

i would reccomend rockford fosgate punch series awesome subbies i used to run 2x HE 2 punch 15" unreal how hard those run powered by a rockford fosgate amp

i would reccomend rockford fosgate punch series awesome subbies i used to run 2x HE 2 punch 15" unreal how hard those run powered by a rockford fosgate amp
Sweet thanks.Yes i like rockford speakers.

if your only using 1 sub and you like your music get a 15 inch.
if you have the money.. go for mtx jackhammer series.. absolutely INSANE.. but looking at nearly 1k and if you can fit it in your boot, google it and look at the magnet size:eek:.. or get a t3 rockford punch still about 7-800. go for quality and you wont regret.
ps.. might need to sound defen*(spelling) your boot for rattles lol

sif a mtx jackhammer is $1000 that think is huge and doubt theres any in australia as far as i know, i like soundstream thye have some nice subs, i dont have a car but im running a 600w 12" house sub thing shakes windows across the road lol

LOL...when I saw the title of this thread I thought it was something to do with...food....Subway !!! :) I find it funny that in this day of ...metric....measurements, there's often imperial measurements used !!! Very strange. :)

I used to run twin MTX 12s in my old car and they were killer subs providing your box dimensions were right

+1 for Rockford. Have not found a comparative system which comes close to the clarity of Rockford. I used to have a full Rockford system (bar the head unit). My single 12" sounded better than alot of systems running 2 X 12" subs or even 15's. If you want a good song to really test the clarity and quality of a system. Play Michael Jackson - The way you make me feel. If you have it on a disc take it into a store and watch the difference between good quality and really good quality. Not sure if it would work the same in such an open space but in a car you'll know the difference.

2nd would be Soundstream. No personal experience with them but a good mate swears by them.

Cheers,
Allan

LOL...when I saw the title of this thread I thought it was something to do with...food....Subway !!! :) I find it funny that in this day of ...metric....measurements, there's often imperial measurements used !!! Very strange. :)

l was going to suggest the subclub with avocado and pineapple . And dont forget the black olives .

all comes down to what you want, if you want it loud, Kicker the square ones...
if you want sound quality, boston.

infinity are nice, personaly i prefer dynaudio
but if you want SQ not SPL tyhe bostons are awsom. you can get them from "the lifestyle store" in parramatta, syd.

l was going to suggest the subclub with avocado and pineapple . And dont forget the black olives .

LOL...ahhhh, a man who understands me....but then we are in the same age group. :) After reading some of the other posts I see they are talking about some sort of music system.....fraide I'm still in the dark ages, the most modern thing for me is a CD...don't know anything about iPods or any of these other new things. LOL. The world is leaving me behind...and I don't mind one bit. :)

i think u mean sledge hammer mate i have one here and is a thumping sub for a 12" will out do most 15" subs

I have a 12inch kicker sub for sale if anyone is interested. amps and cabling included. =)

hahaha.... I looked at the title and thought it was about Subway....... If it were, I would recomend footlong chicken fillet on the italian herb and cheese bred, mayo and southwest sauce, all salad except lettuce, carrot and capsicum, extra chillies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back