Albino death adders!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Crackd up 2 be? What exactly where you expecting with an albino adder, Wings?
I swear, that made my day lol.
Sdaji, those things look amazing. Sorta remind me of eyelash vipers!

I swear, that made my day lol.

Mine too! :lol:

I sure hope I'm not 'cracking them up to be' flying, fire-breathing serpents, and if you are expecting them to fetch the paper or wash your car you're going to be bitterly disappointed ;) I'm not cracking them up to be anything other than melanin-challenged Death Adders... call me biased but I think that's pretty cool* :)

*Disclaimer: In saying they're "pretty cool" I'm not trying to crack them up to be air conditioners or refrigeration units, or even cool to the touch in a thermal sense.

;)

bought a magazine today was pretty interesting had this cool article about an albino something

hahah

They looked amazing mate :)

Well, it has been an interesting week! I thought things had gone pretty late, but to my surprise, little over 24 hours ago one girl I didn't even realise was gravid had a litter! It was an albino x albino litter, and again, the babies are perfect. Very exciting! It now looks like rather than twenty-something I’ll have thirty-something albinos available!

I want to make sure everyone gets a great deal, and I’d much rather spend the next 10-20 years being remembered for introducing a new snake morph in a way which helped the hobby, the people who bought them and the morph itself rather than someone who was into reptiles for the love until luck made him greedy, and then see the price crash in a few seasons, leaving everyone feeling a little sour.

So, I've set the price lower than expected. Males $1,500, females $1,000, pairs $2,000 and 100% hets $700. At this price, it is almost guaranteed that anyone who buys a pair, grows them up and breeds them will cover the purchase cost, probably several times over with their first litter. It also puts them at a price where just keeping one as a beautiful pet is an option.

If anyone wants to know more, please get in touch or post your questions here :)

awsome news sdaji, and i have to say it's even better that you took an extra digit off the price i thought they would be. I'd imagine even at double your price you would have sold them all reasonably quick.

Good on you Sdaji. Thats what the hobby is all about. At least you should be able to get on top of your study debt!!!

Last edited:
awsome news sdaji, and i have to say it's even better that you took an extra digit off the price i thought they would be. I'd imagine even at double your price you would have sold them all reasonably quick.

You know, I probably could have got double, but honestly, I'd rather it this way. I started out with reptiles for love, and money didn't even enter my head. I can't put a price on spending the next 10-20 years feeling good rather than greedy every time I see one of these snakes and their happy owners :) I feel thoroughly happy about doing it this way, knowing that good luck is being passed on to as many people as possible, and let's face it, I'll still make a bit of money anyway :)

they are fantanstic!! do you know if albinism affect the venom at all ie: in effectiveness or potency?

You know, I probably could have got double, but honestly, I'd rather it this way. I started out with reptiles for love, and money didn't even enter my head. I can't put a price on spending the next 10-20 years feeling good rather than greedy every time I see one of these snakes and their happy owners :) I feel thoroughly happy about doing it this way, knowing that good luck is being passed on to as many people as possible, and let's face it, I'll still make a bit of money anyway :)

Yes good on you Sdaji.A real herper in it for the right reasons.

Thats awesome Sdaji. Your setting a good example for everyone with the direction of this project. Lets hope it goes well into the future. Was great chatting with you about it at the herp meeting.

Cheers Ross.

Baby pics pleeassse!

Ill be honest, i dont wanna buy one, i just wanna see pretty pictures :D

Not surprising given the price, I've had a great many orders, more than I can handle without a secretary. I can't confirm all orders until they are all sloughed, sexed and feeding, and that won't be complete for a couple of months at least. So, I've put names on a fair proportion of them, anything feeding will be going out until those orders are filled, and after that I will put the word out that more are ready and I'll then start taking more orders.

I can still take orders on 100% hets at this stage.

I have to say, it has been quite an experience putting this out there and watching the response. The way different people in the reptile community are responding really says a lot about them as individuals, and reflects on the way each of us contributes to the hobby to make it what it is, for better or worse. You'll always get a few who want to be jealous or find an excuse to be negative, which drags the whole feeling of our hobby down, but on the whole I've actually been surprised at how positive many people have been. Thanks to all the people who have been encouraging and supportive :) It really does give me a good perspective on who the good guys out there are :)

oh wow, i only just found this thread. they are AMAZING sadji! and good on you for your approach to selling these beauties, you are a credit to us all!

i just got the magazine aswell.. mate your lucky as there maganificant, bet the order list will keep gettin bigger :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back