Stimsons pythons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Emily

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey all in a few weeks i'm getting a stimmie python.

Any advice on feeding, shedding and lighting would be great

The best person to ask on how to set up for the stimmie would be the breeder
you are getting it from.
That way you will be able to replacate the conditions it has been kept in and it
will settle in easier

i agree with beeman, also, if you havent decided on a breeder yet, beeman is a great person to buy from, great after sales service and has some really nice stimmies!

Thanks guys, i'll do that. Meeting with the breeder hopefully this weekend to chek out the python.

buy the book keeping and breeding australian pythons by mike swan it will be your best freind and help you out heaps

I have a book on australian pythons in captivity by john weiger (think thats how its spelt)

I agree, the best way is to ask your breeder and try and copy the environment its in now.

As for a setup i have an 18mth spotted python which i got off a local breeder and the setup he suggested for these is what i have been housing my spotted in for 15mths and is working well.

Housing is a 600mm x 450mm x 500mm timber enclosure, i have a 450mm fluro uv tube for day/night cycle and only run with bottom heat with a 12 watt heat mat (covering only about a 1/3 of the base) and cage carpet and set to give a floor temp of about 30- 32 degrees. This runs 24/7 at the moment. Other 2/3 of floor is just at room temp.

She eats very well and i have not had any issues with this setup.

I hope this helps, this is only one example of a setup to suit these pythons you may get many varying ideas so just go with what works best for you and your stimmie.

Last edited:
Emily - That is a great first book, John Weigel is an outstanding source of information...

My advice would be to keep it simple to start off. A click clack, a good heat source, a thermometer and a thermostat would be a great start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back