Two Tier Lizard Enlosure Completed!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toastie

Reaction score
Well about a year ago I started building this lizard enclosure but lost some interest because as an 18 yo I found some other interests to keep me busy hah. Anyway with a week off work i got back into it and rekindled the passion to own some lizards. The Top enclosure is to house Western Bearded Dragons and the bottom will contain either a Western or Centrilian Blue Tongue

Rough dimensions are 1400mm x 600mm x 600mm for each enclosure.
Constucted from 16mm melamine, outside cladded with western red cedar as it ties in with the furniture and my other snake enclosure in the house.

The Substrate i've used is ceramic tiles i got for Free from a mate, i've kind of moziac-ed them down to give it a awesome effect, which i am extremely happy with, also had red desert sand on top for digging and it really makes the enclosure look good. The Bottom has wood chips as i think its more suited to the bluetongue

Inside i've constructed two different styles of fake rock walls most of you know how thats done now, polystyrene, cement, painted with water based acrylics (i used a spray gun gave it wicked effects,) Sealed with bondcrete or just diluted PVA glue same stuff!

both enclosures contain 900mm fluro for UV and a Ceramic fitting for a ceramic heat emmiter for heating. Heat controlled by Habistat Thermostat!

And decorated with some logs which had been cleaned and a coat of sealer to hopefully make them last longer and easier to clean also rocks and a few fake plants!

Waiting on glass which is arriving next week and yes putting in some light cages :D
Sorry if pictures are abit big :? Enjoy

DSCF0494.jpg

DSCF0840.jpg

DSCF0843.jpg

DSCF0851.jpg

DSCF0844.jpg

DSCF0849.jpg

DSCF0846.jpg

AWESOME enclosure mate. One of the best I've seen. Keep up the good work!

looks good mate , did you use etch primer or anything on the malimine before painting or just spray straight onto the malimine ?

cheers nico

I love the tiles - looks like cracked clay - fantastic...

Nico77 nah mate just painted straight onto the melamine no primer, altho i gave it a coat of sealer over the top after i'd done it.

Thanks Aslan thats the effect i was going for with the tiles!

thanks for the kind words guys.

that looks great,..!!

just make sure they cant dig under those rocks in the mulchy section, or they might get hurt,...

Good on you well done, however i can see those glass tracks filling with sand, bark and faeces in seconds, best to get the tracks up off the floor, i can hear the screach of glass on sand now, ouch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back