Torrent search

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And they're rarely good quality!
Sorry to correct you mate, but if you download an average DVD rip at 700 MB, you get a good quality. Also depends on the release group. Some just rip for the sake of it and produce stuff, no one would touch with a 10 ft pole. But if you take aXXo for example, all his rips are flawless, high quality - and for the purpose of "I just wanna see that movie", it's ok.
If it's a movie I like, then I buy the DVD. I own over 800 DVDs.
But I've seen movies that wouldn't be worth even 1$ to rent.

Sorry to correct you mate, but if you download an average DVD rip at 700 MB, you get a good quality. Also depends on the release group. Some just rip for the sake of it and produce stuff, no one would touch with a 10 ft pole. But if you take aXXo for example, all his rips are flawless, high quality - and for the purpose of "I just wanna see that movie", it's ok.
If it's a movie I like, then I buy the DVD. I own over 800 DVDs.
But I've seen movies that wouldn't be worth even 1$ to rent.

Also sorry to correct you mate :)

But at 800mb on my TV the picture is, for the lack of a better word, ghosting!

I have a full HD TV (brag brag, boast boast) so it can become painful to watch lower quality movies.

I've tested the theory too by using programs like DVD shrink. Sound seems to remain high, but picture drops rapidly. If I drop from a 4 - 5GB DVD by 50% it's highly noticeable. I might be doing it wrong... But it doesn't affect me in the slightest because of the fact that hiring is so much cheaper anyway :)

I love the comment of 'movies that wouldn't be worth even $1 to rent.' - classic... I know those movies that's for sure and I wouldn't waste my download allowances either!

I probably own around 50 blu rays and 300 DVDs (there abouts) - and I can definitely tell a ripped and crap copy versus a full 4 - 6GB DVD or a 50GB blu-ray!

Correct me if im wrong i thought converting DVD files to .avi in order to shrink them preserves the quality as opposed to shrinking them with a program such as DVD Shrink

Correct me if im wrong i thought converting DVD files to .avi in order to shrink them preserves the quality as opposed to shrinking them with a program such as DVD Shrink

I was always under the impression that compression may conserve only some of the quality not all.... For example... If you listen to (let's say something like Dire Straights - Love Over Gold) original quality straight to record or CD (from recording studio) vs that of MP3 - those with attuned hearing can tell there's a huge 'flatness' in the sound quality.

I picked Love Over Gold - not because it's a favourite, but because it was actually very well recorded album.

I'm really surprised at how the younger generation have forgone full quality for light weight MP3s....

Though, I think you're somewhat right to suggest .avi files are much higher quality with their codecs and better way of arranging data - but again, the raw data, in the blu ray format is still the way to view it - uncompressed!

I have never had a quality problem with movie torrents i download movies that are ripped from blueray sources and so have excellent surround sound an picture quality, file sizes average on the 1.5gb mark.
I watch them on my HD monitor or use a program like convertx to burn one or 2 movies to a dvd and watch on tv.
I also have a 60gb monthly limit so downloading HD blueray movie files helps chew it up and the resolution is twice that of a dvd ripped file, average resolution 1280x532.

heres a link to the site i use and the user i download off
http://www.h33t.com/torrents.php?search=secretmyth&category=0&active=0&tracked=0&fonly=on

1) Why would you download low or lower than 'high' definition movies? So i can watch them before released in australia

2) I can't stand pixilated images in movies nor bad sound. most i have downloaded have been excellent quality

3) Even if you got a decent definition - you miss out on all the decent extras. No extras at the movies

4) The day I can't afford the $4 to hire an overnight new release is the same day I can't afford high speed internet.

How can you even consider downloading a movie?

Personally - when it comes to movies I won't settle for anything less than blu-ray for new movies... Some DVDs I can handle.

Even a decent DVD is 9GB (or close to) and I only have a 25GB limit! So I wouldn't waste my valuable downloads on a ripped DVD that I could rent for $4... Is it any different to renting then burning?

Personal opinion only.... Some of us have 100gb+ dl so y not

I can understand why you do it - I just don't see why you would need to do it!

replies in red

also found MKV files seem to be better quality

Some of us have 100gb+ dl so y not
Aye.
If you add it up, then we end up spending the same amount for some more download quota as Slim6y is spending on movie rentals.
But I agree with dangles - sometimes the release date in AUS is later than in the US.. so why wait?

And then ofc there are the TV series...

Why do it?

Well it's certainly not to get what's available in the local video store. It's to get the rare and unusual that just cant be sourced easily.

I mainly use Demonoid.
I have 1000GB external harddrive full of artist discographies of music, and several Imation disc stakkas full of DVD quality movies

If you listen to (let's say something like Dire Straights - Love Over Gold) original quality straight to record or CD (from recording studio) vs that of MP3 - those with attuned hearing can tell there's a huge 'flatness' in the sound quality.

I'm not sure what you mean by "flatness" as in the tones are lower, or the sound has little to no bass frequencies because MP3's have bugger all bass.

Aye.
If you add it up, then we end up spending the same amount for some more download quota as Slim6y is spending on movie rentals.
But I agree with dangles - sometimes the release date in AUS is later than in the US.. so why wait?

And then ofc there are the TV series

yes some pay high charges for their download, but with tpg im paying around the same price that someone with bigpond would be paying for 5-10 GB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back