Please Help, My children's Is Stuck!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt1245

Reaction score
My children's Python Sammy Has slithered his way into the metal support Bars of my desk, there are 6 small air holes (big enough to let air in But too small to get him out) on the weekend i attempted to Lure him out with Food and shake him out But to No success at all. He can get out but he wont Get out!

He has some room to move around and the part he is in is a Dead end and there is nowhere else to go But out the other way.

The Steel is cold and im not sure what to do, should i wait for him to come out, warm it up so he remains active and wants to come out?

Please help!
Thankyou

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Matt, if it were me, AND your Childrens CAN get out if he wants to, AND there is no where he can escape to....I would just leave him to make his own way out.

Definately don't try to pull him out. Maybe leave a warm rat near a heat mat?...that may tempt him. Maybe leave his enclosure open, with the heat lamp on, so he can go back in?

Are you able to be home to keep an eye on him, so that if he does come out you can pounce on him?
Also, make sure there is nothing in the room he is confined to that could hurt him.

Typing 'lost' or 'escaped' snake into the search function in the top right hand corner may provide some more ideas for you. Good luck :)

is it possible to remove the support bar and chuck that inside the enclosure? That way when he does come out, he's got nowhere to go!

Seems to be yet another un watched python again ..dont get me wrong, I hope for your sake it comes out... but honestly what were ya thinking?....snakes arent tame, they wont come back when you call them and if given the opportunity to get out or even get lost, they will do so ...all the best in getting it back hope this is a lesson learnt to you and anyone else that seems to treat their reptiles as trained tamed dogs DONT!...You may be lucky once or even twice but it will happen and sadly you will either end up with an injured or lost rep .

Matt - I agree with Contagion, I would dismantle the desk and place the bar inside an enclosure/tub.

I would also consider running water through the bar once dismantled to encourage him out.

i Have taken Precautions so that he can find his own way out, I cant be around During the day nor can anybody else, so cat goes outside, Door gets blocked and Hit Enclosure is easy to get to, No clutter in the way or around either :) i was watching him and i thought he was Going up my sleeve :S Guess i should check the angle too :p Thankkyou for the advice, i hope he comes out soon, i am atully Upgrading his food to Hoppers this week, His Fuzzies went bad and their too small for him now, Mayby he will like the smell of a nice New rodent :p

Thank-you for the Help guys, il keep ya posted when he comes out =D

Hope you got him back safely.

My suggestion would have been to heat the bar up. After a while, he would be uncomfortably warm and come out to find somewhere cool ;)

I'm buying some new mice and a hot water bottle this weekend, he should get hungry enough to come out and grab some mousies, I'm pretty confedent it will work

SAFE AND SOUND!!!!! =D

I HAVE MY SAMMY BACK!!!!!

I made a long tube out of Empty paper Towel and toilet paper rolls into a tunnel and attached it to the exit, i put a hot water bottle On the other end and 30 mins later he went into the Fake tunnel, and he harmlessly comes out Yayyyyy!

thanks guys for your support, Im never letting Him out of my sight again lol Or at least only let him roam in perfectly safe areas :)

he is glad to be eou and is all over me lol, now he just needs a goon nights rest in his aquarium, thanks again guys! <3

good work with the toilet rolls.. probly made it dark & he climbed in...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back