Stimson python blowing bubble HELP

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

the jungle guy

Reaction score
hi there i just got stimson python from jaycw and was told he was in great shape and health and have no reason not to beleive this at all

but i was just handling to get him in his new home,and notice he blew a bubble out his mouth was clearish liquid what is this? and what is the cause of this ?

other vitals of him look fine at this point besides being cold as he just had 2 1/2 drive home, and only pure coincidence it happened at time of moving him into new home, temps are 32 hot end

hmmm i had a fear this might be the case but didnt want to assume it, nice to get a snake with RI

I had the same thing happen to me. My very first snake. Noticed it about 3 hours after purchase... Not at the stage of bubble blowing though, he was only "clicking", not thermo regulating properly, yawning and head rubbing. Bubbles are a bad, bad sign. Sorry this has happened to you. :(

Maybe let the seller know this has happened and he could help you out also? It doesnt look like you are to blame in this situation...

thats ok, not your fault ive read up more on RI's and its not something that has poped up over night hmmm, never had to research it as ive bein fortunate enough not to encounter this,

is there anythin i can do until the morning besides bump up temps a bit

No just up the temps and leave it be, If it is up to the stage of blowing bubbles
its had this prob for a while

ok, ive totally isolated him, in another room now away from other reps he wasnt near them anyways but moved him anyways, ive contacted the seller just awaiting sellers reply, from what ive researched the bubble stage is serious,

ive bumped the temps upto 34 now and ill leave him alone untill i can get vet help thanks everyone for your fast response it sound like a RI but didnt want to think that

You never know though although it sounds like an RI it COULD be something else. Just putting it out there... (dont hurt me)...

all the signs are pointing to it at this point but we could be wrong and i hope so :)

You never know though although it sounds like an RI it COULD be something else. Just putting it out there... (dont hurt me)...
Though you make a good point. In situations like this it is always best to assume the worst.

hmm... good luck with your Stimsons. I hope it's nothing bad :(

I had a quick look on Wiki for any Herp Vets in Newcastle, but there are no entries there at all.
Hopefully you have someone lined up this morning, or someone here on APS can point you in the right direction.

as said before blowing bubbles is the latter stage of an RI. Antibiotics (either fortum, amicacin, or baytrl depending on the vet's inclination) and keep that snake warm will be needed.

Good call, I would suggest that if the snake has RI and is at the bubble blowing stage then it's breathing would be very noisy as well and it wouldn't be a case of just blowing bubbles the once......

UPDATE: since last night ive closely monitored him all night, there is no signs at all the RI's present, but he did blow a bubble once of he has seemed active most of the night, im off the vet now to have him checked over for peace of mind, im just hoping might of being something from the long car ride fingers crossed

Stimmie - Good luck, but I have no doubt it is RI - blowing bubbles is a textbook sign of advanced RI

Good luck Stimmie! Keep us posted! im very curious to see what the vet is gonna say...

Stimmie - Good luck, but I have no doubt it is RI - blowing bubbles is a textbook sign of advanced RI

You're right, blowing bubbles (plural) is a textbook sign of RI, but "stimmie" did say that the snake did blow A bubble (singular) once only, again singular.
Given that it only happened the once and no mention has been made of loud breathing noises I would surprised if it is RI.

You're right, blowing bubbles (plural) is a textbook sign of RI, but "stimmie" did say that the snake did blow A bubble (singular) once only, again singular.
Given that it only happened the once and no mention has been made of loud breathing noises I would surprised if it is RI.

Those were my thoughts exactly. I would expect more symptoms... but the only person who is going to be able to tell with the greatest amount of confidence what it is is the vet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back