Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
looks like a fallax to me too. definitly take the advise of not releasing it. the risk of kytrid contamination into your local area is very high if it is not already there.

Yes, releasing it a stupid idea. I'm glad we all agree on that.

Information on disease AND sydney frog species is here:

http://www.fats.org.au/Frogs.html

The Frog and Tadpole Study Group are Sydney based and have a frog rescue service. If you're that keen to keep it you can hand it over to them who will quarantine it and get it feeding, then in that time you can get your amphib license and get a rescued frog from FATS. It may even be the same one.

www.FATS.org.au There's a number for the frogwatch helpline on the website.

Sandswimmer is correct. It is a dainty (Litoria gracilenta). If you have not seen a dainty or a fallax in the flesh before I can see how you would be confused, but it is without a doubt a dainty.

I have seen both in the flesh and I can say with a large amount of certainty that it is L.fallax. I can also say with 100% certainty that it is NOT a dainty tree frog. Anyways i think its best to agree that it is a FROG... unless someone wants to argue its a baby canetoad...

In any case i think the species is irrelevant to the topic of the thread. She asked for advice, she got advice and hopefully she is following thru on it or at least giving this animal an adequate amount of care, which she seemed keen on giving. In any case, it seems this animal is not coming into any harm or suffering...which in my opinion is the best outcome.

For those who are so sure its a Dainty I would like to know what you base this on?
I have never seen a Dainty with a prominent dark bar going over each eye as this frog obviously has, can you provide a pic of a Dainty that looks like that as I would like to see it for my own curiosity.
I have seen quite a few of each and kept both before, so naturally I am confused with people saying its a Dainty without any doubt.
Like I said earlier I do not believe it to be L.gracilenta but instead a L.fallax or another type of Dwarf Tree Frog

Cheers Gex

Well I was the first to say it, and to be honest I said it without looking into it too much. While I have seen pictures of Dainty's in this colour morph in earlier stages I am inclined to agree that it is a Fallax. Though to be honest I haven't seen one quite so yellow before.

All arguments a side, is there any update on this little guy?

I know that very young GTF's have a bar across the eyes after they morph, if it is the same in Dainty's then it could be a young Dainty. If not its quite a yellow dwarf or it could just be the flash. Also, i believe that if you hand it over to the right people you can actually get it back if its cleared after quarentine (providing you have a license).

Contact SOFAR or FATS, get your license and do it the right way, then you can start building your collection without having to deal with the dodgy idiots that deal off license

It is fallax....not gracilenta...the skin is not slightly granular for starters.....

Get in contact with FATS...they deal with translocated frogs

As others correctly said....DO NOT RELEASE

Cheers,
Scott

yeah that sucka woulldn't last a minute with wires due to the possability of viruses, release or relocation is not an option. generally any frog that comes into care would not have much time left!

dangles says release it !!!! Tassie herper says dont release it..........man I love forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back