Expensive!!!!!!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Devil

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Had a quick look in a pet shop today. They have a black blue tongue, adult, for sale.
The price $1495.00. Now I have no idea what something like that would sell for on say APS or RDU but I wish them the best of luck getting that price......

haha. i paid $1800 for an adult male about 10 months ago. just out of curiosity what petshop was this at? might have to give them a ring

haha. i paid $1800 for an adult male about 10 months ago. just out of curiosity what petshop was this at? might have to give them a ring

OUCH....I had no idea they were so expensive....

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive seen that skink its a nice hypermelanistic. and that price doesnt shock me at all especially for an adult. adult albino blueys are still hitting the 2 k mark

Talk about over-pricing? A pet shop here was selling an "Adult Blonde Spotted X" for about $550 and another was selling normal hatchlings for $330

I think they were around that price from Snake Ranch last time I looked

Now I have no idea what something like that would sell for on say APS or RDU but I wish them the best of luck getting that price......

;) They do come up every once in awhile on The HerpTrader listings..

Example:
Coal Black Bluetongues plus 6 possible (66%) het
for black bluetongues. $7800 the lot

its only money ! most things are over priced . i guess if someone really had to have a black blue tounge and you hadnt seen one cheaper and better you may as well hand over the cash ..but yeah its alot of money if they are not your thing ..

theres more to consider than money. Some people value convenience! Ive seen goldfish for $10 and Goldfish for 20cents!

cheers mate. will have to go and have a look at it. you dont know the sex of it do you? i need a girl. got 100% female hets but no hyper girl. cheers

Probably a little late to this thread, but the black bluey is now one of their "prized pets." I asked the woman behind the counter and she said "it's worth more than $4k." I must've given her a sarcastic Orly look because she blew me off :lol:

Probably a little late to this thread, but the black bluey is now one of their "prized pets." I asked the woman behind the counter and she said "it's worth more than $4k." I must've given her a sarcastic Orly look because she blew me off :lol:

Hope that doesnt happen every day..........lol

i go back in there & tell them you can get as many as they want for $4k each.. how many do they want? lol..

my nearest pet store had black blue tounges for 1350 seems about the going price even though the rest of there animal prices are inflated we only buy fish from there and sometimes my snake food

at the homebush expo is sydney they were selling juveniles for 900.. im trying to track the lady down who is selling them because i didnt have the money at the time.... she was also selling albino olives and carpets oh and albino blue tounges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back