Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Your comments have hit an all-time low. Grow up or get out.

BTW love those pics, Colin. Iguanas are fascinating. We had Shannon Plummer over here in Perth recently talking about her volunteering experience in the Caribbean looking after blue iguanas. Great stuff.

S

Last edited by a moderator:
Australia Zoo breeds and releases what sharpshot? They bred and released Varanus keithhornei ONCE, by arrangement with Qld National Parks, anything else I don't know about?

J.

They also bred their captive West Qld Womas (which were originally wild caught) and there are rumours they released a number of offspring on their property at St George.

Also in reference to the SA Womas, the ones on the TV show originate from wild caught parents. These adults were collected and bred in captivity in a couple of ARAZPA Zoos, a number of the offspring were distributed throughout other ARAZPA Zoos and a number were released into the wild. However all that were released were predated by either Fox's or Mulgas within a very short time. Not the best release program, however some lessons learnt on this trial have served well for other release programs and has aided in securing better funding for predator proof fencing at release sites.....

Also back on topic,
I was once told by a fellow who contributes to the in-situ conservation of Fijiian Iguanas that one of the major reasons (amongst others) the Fijiian Iguanas are threatened is that some Fijiians believe the Iguanas are desendants of the Devil and it is extremely bad luck to cross paths or be near one. Therefore alot of Iguanas were culled on the Islands by Fijiian Natives many years ago and occasionally now.

I was only looking at Tom Crutchfields site this morning, with VERY envious eyes :)

yes amazing stuff.. more from tom crutchfield

[video=youtube;Td1r7HKwrWo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Td1r7HKwrWo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Td1r7HKwrWo[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back