sleeping

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris1

cupcake
Reaction score
aww, the new shingles love the heated beanbag,.... :p

Attachments

• sleeping pile.jpg
    sleeping pile.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 213
lol, not free ranging yet, theyre in a 6x2x2 foot tank til theyre bigger and the weather warms up,...but sleeping with the beardies and having baths in the mornings to get them toilet trained! :)

warm baths encourage them to go,..... and then its just a matter of making it a routine.

2-3 of the 4 shingles do one most mornings, (this is after only 1 week)
i cant remember the last time i found an out of place beardy poo. :)

That is such a lovely photo. Thanks for sharing. Gave me a good smile. Your babies are just beautiful.

thanks mummabear, they always make me start my day with a smile too,.. :p

the beardy on the second right is a monster and some of the colours are wicked!! Ive always wanted shigleback but im not allowed any more reptiles :(

thanks Gexman, second from the right is Boo, shes a big fat sweetie! :)

i love the shingles, only had them a week and theyre soooo coool,....i press my face against theirs and they press right back, awesome!!

Jeannie, i made a bunch of heat bags (legs of old jeans sewn up and filled with wheat), they get microwaved, put on the beanbag for insulation, covered with plastic incase of accidents, then towels and blankets so they stay warm pretty much all night, add lizards, sit back and watch the wrigglefest begin,..! :p

hahah that sounds great wish i had some one to take care of me like that. Id love a heated bean bag right now

bpb02, grow some scales and look really cute, im sure i can make a little more room for u! :)

H.bit, i know they have problems with humidity which is why i dont take them in the shower with me, not really sure how getting their bums wet will affect their lungs,...the baths are shallow enough that they dont get their heads wet, i use a damp facewasher to wash their faces. :)

bathing shingles is not good idea, they don't handle humidity well.

A bath isnt going to harm them at all, where the problems start is when they are in a state of constant humidity.
We keep them in outdoor pits and they are some of the first critters to come out of thier
logs etc when its raining to actually sit in the rain and they will get hosed down from time to time in the summer as well. We have kept them this way for 25 years or so and have never had health probs with them

thanks for the confirmation Craig, i was actually wondering if i would be able to hose them down with the beardies in summer!! :)

Haha, nice. I think that deserves a visit to be seen! I'll trade you, you can see my new tower enclosure finished too! :)

haha, its a deal!!

oh, and im gonna go and see the tree lady to arrange another time to get some branches too,..sorry bout the stuff around before. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back