Belly Up Question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lovemyreptiles

Reaction score
My 2 female childreni have been with the male for a while now(approx 8 weeks) , Yesterday I noticed both the females laying belly up? Is this normal so soon in the breeding season, My other did not lay belly up at all till around 2 weeks before she laid?Have attached a pic of one in her hide.Today they are mainly laying on their sides.

Attachments

• Light cages 015.jpg
    Light cages 015.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 93
well i would say that a belly up position is normally a sign of a gravid snake. Have had my childreni together for a while but no belly up as yet

Yep id say you have some preagnent snakes there,my childrenie have been togeather for a while now on the weenk on week of cycle but no belly up yet good luck with the rest of the process!

Not necessarily gravid but on the way.Could just be in the process of developing follicles.

Not necessarily gravid but on the way.Could just be in the process of developing follicles.

Ditto. I've had antaresia side up and belly up for over a month now, none are yet to ovulate and are still copulating, certainly on the way though. Good sign for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back