Water Monitor And Turtle

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MissSnake

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi

I have a six foot tank that I'm turning into a mertons monitor tank untill it outgrows it.
Just wondering if would be ok to house one of the smaller species of turtles in it as well.

My main concern is the heat from the flood light, could it possibly cook the turtle if he decided to go for a walk about?

The flood light is in one corner of the land section and is not heating the water at all.

Opionions

hey it wont be a problem i house two mertins water monitors with my long neck turtle and the turtle hardly ever gets out of the water and when he does his back in, in less then 10 mins. the lights wont be a problem as long as their a certain distance away and also depends on how much watts also. but as i said before they dont come out for very long. ive attached some photos of my enclosure just to give you any ideas :)
SL370030.JPGSL370034.JPGSL370035.JPG

Great :)
What type of filtration are you using ???
I was just going to use a cannister filter.

As for light Wattage i use 50W flood light which gets the temps up to a max of 62.7 degrees in my other monitors enclosures.

Would the UV light go over the water or rather the land away from the heat ligth though?

I use 3 submerged filters, but a canister filter is fine. Well if it is only 50W i wouldn't say it would be too dangerous.
The UV light is in the middle of the tank and is lighting up the large log that they have. You would want the UV light near the land and near a heat lamp so while they are heating they will be getting UV as well.

if im right i think ur water is brown from the log, when i wanted a piece of wood in my fishtank i think i soaked it for days to try and get rid of that

yeah i did soak it but obviously it all didnt come out, and i placed the UV light on the glass for these photos so i could get better pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back