Some of my collection (pic heavy)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wicked little menagerie you have there Scrhooms, love the hedgehogs :D

Omg your pets are soooooo adorable..:D:D specially Esme

TY :D i agree with you there Esme is the nicest out the lot ;)

dscn0161.jpg

Sorry about all the questions but this has really gotten me intrigued....
Are they affectionate at all? I know you said the skunks follow you around like a dog would but do they seem to enjoy your company? Are the hogs similar?

Cheers

I dont mind ask away:)..I would say the skunks are more affectionate like i say the tend to plod around after you to see what your up to and will happily come up and lay beside you and snuggle in when your watching tv..the hedgehogs on the other hand are not really as affectionate as a skunk they tend to be more interested in doing there own thing exploring looking for food ect.. some are more huffy than others so dont like being disturbed during the day as they are nocturnal but most of our's dont mind being disturbed during the day.. some of them will come out when they hear you knocking around the animal room to have a look at what your up too ..more likely looking for a few mealworms off you lol but on a whole most are mellow and tend to not mind you bristling their spines and handling them ..we have a couple of super huffy hog's that ball up and give you a good old spiking to the plam of the hand as a sign of affection lol but they all have there own little characters.

Schroom's

What's the laws with mammals and reptiles in scotland?
Do you need special license or anything?

I want a skunk....liked the hedgehogs still I saw it naked...lol

wow awesome pets schroomy!! didnt know people keep skunks thats cool as. your hedgys are sweet as too.
love reading all the questions and answers on this post and love seeing all your pics!

Got anymore exotic animals u wanna share, would love to see sum more pics!!

cheers

The skunks are gorgeous!
Do you know if they would be similar to ferrets in their behaviour and such? (considering they come from the same family)

lmao still super cute looks like hes having a bad hair day lol

The skunks are gorgeous!
Do you know if they would be similar to ferrets in their behaviour and such? (considering they come from the same family)

Skunks are closely related to the Ferret's and weasel family, and thats what most people think when we take Maggie & Frissy-Bee out for walk- people look and then double take and then realise and go "Oh **** i thought it was a ferret"! Then you get a barrage of cool questions- its great seeing peoples reactions.but actually through recent genetic studies it was found that skunks were not as closely related after all, and were reclassified in their own family

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetics http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skunk#cite_note-Dragoo-1

wow thats what i call variety , awesome collection although im not a fan of spiders !

Got anymore exotic animals u wanna share, would love to see sum more pics!!

Forgot about Marley our Rescue Iggy this guy was in really poor health and condition when we got him apparently he was being pass around junkie doss houses so you can probably imagine but after all he has been through he has kept his mellow placid character

dscn3812ei.jpg

Schroom's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back