is it too late for breeding ?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

maanz641

Reaction score
hi all i was hoping to have my first go at breeding this year with my spotteds ,but cant get a male to put wit my lil girl for about 2 to 3 weeks ,is it going to be too late to breed them this season ?

You havent got a male and you are buying one?
THINK about the whole QUARANTINE issue, You have the potential to introduce
any type of disease or parisite.
Have you conditioned the female over the last 3-5 months to ensure that she has the
ability to produce eggs without over stressing her body and depleeting her of vital body
condition.
There is a whole lot more to breeding than just throwing 2 snakes together and a lot of people dont realise or understand this.
While it isnt to late i would suggest you slow down the pace a little and research the whole
breeding side of things a lot more and progress down this track next year.
You snakes will reward you with a good sized healthy clutch of eggs for doing so.

Last edited:
by the time u finish quarantinig it they should be just about ready for next year,..! ;P

my female is ready to go ,she is in perfect condition i have done heaps of reaserch on breeding ,i wanted to last year but decided to wait then i just found out my male was a female ,

even a healthy looking snake may be carrying an underlying illness which is why quarantining any new addition is a must

You havent got a male and you are buying one?
THINK about the whole QUARANTINE issue, You have the potential to introduce
any type of disease or parisite.
Have you conditioned the female over the last 3-5 months to ensure that she has the
ability to produce eggs without over stressing her body and depleeting her of vital body
condition.
There is a whole lot more to breeding than just throwing 2 snakes together and a lot of people dont realise or understand this.
While it isnt to late i would suggest you slow down the pace a little and research the whole
breeding side of things a lot more and progress down this track next year.
You snakes will reward you with a good sized healthy clutch of eggs for doing so.

Well said beeman

and its alot worse for snakes esspecially with opmv, if it wasnt a new snake i wouldve said go for it, otherwise quarantine it for about 6months

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back