Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said before there is a void out there still to be filled by albino. There is no need to drop prices.
There is the proof that there is demand, they went quick!

last season or the one before cant remember ... there where threads like this one . and people where trying to keep the price at $5000 each for hatchies talking it up they where ,acting like they where selling like hot cakes at a fat kid convention .

so anyway you see these threads at the start of this season wow ,wow they say $2000 each

so to me the void was filled at $5000 , then very quick at $2000 . now $2000 seems to be over priced . i thought they would settle on $1500 6 months on . i know i sold some for $1500..
now that void is just about filled. so yeh at $1000 there is a void there and should be there longer as every time there is a price drop more people will be able to afford it ect .of co**** the first ones that where advertised at $1000 would sell fast but that will slow down . they must of been moving to slow for old mate at $1500-2000 otherwise there wouldn't of been a price drop . ... it dont matter how many are breed even if it was 100 and there is only 80 people in the market for them at a certain price ...well to me the market is full at that price so you got to drop the price for the next level of customers you know the ones that arnt the die hards the ones that may or may not have the cash but are willing to wait for what is going to happen in the end and thats a price drop . never mind it sure is interesting what has happened to the market of late on everything . and looking back on what people have said over the last 2 years is funny reflecting back on....... some stuff turned out... most didn't ..

I like your points Ausherp and completly agree.
Everyone (generalising!) wants to breed no matter what they've got so the market gets flooded with quantity instead of quality.

it really surprises me when i see someone with the attitude of "if they dont cost $x then im not going to buy one". If the only reason you want to own one was because it was expensive and is a status symbol, in my opinion you dont deserve to have one, simple as that, because you are doing it for all the wrong reasons.

it really surprises me when i see someone with the attitude of "if they dont cost $x then im not going to buy one". If the only reason you want to own one was because it was expensive and is a status symbol, in my opinion you dont deserve to have one, simple as that, because you are doing it for all the wrong reasons.

Think of it another way, What about all the parisites that keep saying these types of critters are to expensive because they cant afford one and try to talk the price down!

Think of it another way, What about all the parisites that keep saying these types of critters are to expensive because they cant afford one and try to talk the price down!
DITTO......solar 17 [Baden]

i'd rather hang onto offspring, then give em away for under their value. They are a truely awesome python to keep. i worked hard to purchase mine and have no regrets as i've always wanted them from the 1st time i saw one on the flesh.
good point you have their beeman. though parasities is strong wording :)

This is one reason for the price drop and directly influenced by economy.
a)People can't afford to buy them at the moment.
b)Breeders can't afford to keep them and grow them out.

The point of sale depends on who can't hang on or hold out.

Albino Darwins have a long way before they will be considered common in captivity, even if everyone sells their hatchlings this year, regardless of price.

i think that asmore available it is reasonable to drop prices that being said there is alot of room for albinos to improve as far as different morphs go for so really the prices will hold if u have the right animal. and remember an animal is worth what someone is willing to pay for it

Now that other morphs are beng released too, they are not the newest and best things. Once more and newer morphs are bred and
played around with, then you will see just how quickly an animal can loose its value in a single season!

Now that other morphs are beng released too, they are not the newest and best things. Once more and newer morphs are bred and
played around with, then you will see just how quickly an animal can loose its value in a single season!
yes but if u could breed a patternless albino darwin u could name your price its the quality of the animal not the breed

This is a paradox this next statement but true.
"Greedy" sellers are selling their animals at a lower price to make money!
The animal in question is sold by some for a "lower" price to make sure they sell ALL their stock so they can make a buck, which inadvertently lowers the true market price of the animal because the precedence is set now!
This in turn ruins it for the "true" breeders who have put so much into the hobby and this new cheaper price is not necessarily a true indication on what the animal is really worth in the market place.....
As Beeman has also said, new buyers see the above seller advertising his lowered price and IMO because they have just bred their 1st clutch (after originally buying from someone who sells their animals at the lower price) and want to sell them all, so the newbie expects that this is what everyone should sell the animal for..
This is bad guys and this price drop is solely contributed to greedy sellers..another paradox, just like the price of housing goes up, because foreign investment drives it up and makes it harder for the average Aussie to purchase anymore...get it???

In Business us tradies talk amongst ourselves about the "going" rate BEFORE we tender for major construction jobs, WHY, so at the end of the day the industry doesn't suffer because a few "cowboys" sell stuff cheaper....

Last edited:
yes but if u could breed a patternless albino darwin u could name your price its the quality of the animal not the breed

But, who will pay top dollar for a ''normal albino'' when in a couple of seasons time there will be a newer more sought
after morph. Then a couple of seasosn after that newer morph was produced, there is a newer one that knocks that off
the top shelf.

***Please note i am NOT trying to push prices down***

It's just that now the Jags are hitting the scene, there is so much potential for new morphs to be produced. These will
seek higher prices until the next.... etc .... etc....

But, who will pay top dollar for a ''normal albino'' when in a couple of seasons time there will be a newer more sought
after morph. Then a couple of seasosn after that newer morph was produced, there is a newer one that knocks that off
the top shelf.

It's just that now the Jags are hitting the scene, there is so much potential for new morphs to be produced. These will
100% true Jay.....BUT IF, breeders really DID stick together, this would not happen...
This whole scenario is because, the herp community is a "cash" driven society/pseudo hobby & a tax free income for some..but that's another topic..which I don't necessarily disagree with.....lol
As long as everyone is looking after their animals and remembering the habitat that these animals come from, which is exploited and disappearing like the GTP's and many other specie, maybe we all should pay a "small" contribution to a dedicated Authority to protect the said habitat. I for one would do it, but unfortunately we don't have that trust in our Government that the contributions will be used as we would hope them to be. IF breeders/sellers had to pay a small fee, they would then take this into consideration and the price would not drop as much and screw it for the dedicated and ones that HAVE put in the years to develop what we ALL admire and want....
JMO ;)

Last edited:
the top shelf.

mate i can remember whe an rp jungle was 2k it just moves forward the bottom of the range coastal is $100 and there r superstripes etc this was always going to happen no matter what happens we just have to move forward with them

not trying to push prices up or down but this is my view.
last november i bred 15 albinos and all with dorsal stripes as well and high quality animals andthe father has now won 4 Trophies at 4 expos. i kept 3 hatchies for myself and over the next 3 months i sold 6 for $2500 which i though was well priced at that stage considering banded albinos wer going for $2000 -$2500 at that stage.
things went quiet for a couple months dropped the price to $2000 and didn't get a bite apart from a few tyre kickers.
dropped the price to $1500(apart from an outstanding male) and 2 picky feeders for $1200 each and last night i got 24 pm's and 9 email enquires and almost all were for the 2 $1200 picky feeders.personally i'd spend the extra $300 and get one smashing rats.
going by that,i think the true market price for them at the moment would be around the $1200- $1500 and i think that all the people that could afford the high quality animals have bought them and now they are coming down to an affordable price for the average joe blow.i also think that it will hover around the $1000 for the next few years as alot of snake enthusiests will find that affordable.i personally believe at selling at the market price and i have found out if it is above $1500 ,it is very hard to move unless you have something special.
cheers
simon

Well said Slimebo....... i was looking at your snakes for sale last night!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back