Everyday Peeves excluding grammar LOL

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
people who swear CONSTANTLY in every single sentence, all you succeed in doing is making yourself seem as though you can't actually think of anything intelligent to say..... if that is the case then just dont say anything, rather than open your mouth and remove all doubt that you are an idiot

I hate people who like to use their high beams to hurry along the people in the very right lane...
ONE: the person infront of you is already speeding!
TWO: while you're high beaming THEM, your lights are also reflecting off ALL our mirrors, so you're really high beaming EVERYONE infront of you...
THREE: I don't care if you want to endanger yourself with your stupid driving, but I would LOVE to keep my retinas...
FOUR: I hate you and I wish I had a tank so I could do a little free panel work on your shiny expensive 4WD

AND people who don't know how to merge!
Really... if I slow down to let you in before you run out of road... please merge, because if you don't, I'll drive back up into the space I made for you... and let you run out of road :]

Oh and use your indicators and stay off my bum.
I'm an inexperienced P plater... you failing to do so will end up with you being screamed at for breaking my very hard earned and much loved car and paying my $2,000 insurance excess... oh and I think my neck hurts too...

:]

I love Brisbanes Gateway Motorway

People who don't take responsibility for their cats and let them out at night to do whatever they want - hunt native animals and crap in sandpits around the neighbourhood (sandpits where children play the next day like child care centres and preschools as well as backyards)

Umm... Yes, translation please?...

If you are turning right at traffic lights and are given a green light you must still give way to oncoming traffic. A green arrow indicates you have right of way, but a green light does not. People that assume the green light gives them right of way can cause terrible accidents when they get t-boned by the oncoming traffic they were supposed to give way to...

I'm part of a worldwide costuming group, we pay thousands for our costumes and show up to charity events (starlight, cancer council, childrens wards, supanova etc) where ever we go, we raise thousands of dollars for charity. Last year the qld group alone raised $40k just by attending such events and shaking tins/having donations sent on our behalf.

We don't get a single cent back ourselves, it goes 100% to charity (yes, I'm serious). We dont even get petrol money back. We do it for the love of it....

And yet, we have to deal with idiots who think its funny to sneak up behind us, hit us, try and trip us up, punch our helmets or chestplates, or try and snatch/steal bits of our costumes.

People have Zero respect..

Well, I had not one but 2 cars pull out right in front of me yesterday as I was towing my caravan at 95kmh (in a 100 zone) then completely fail to get their speed above 60kmh as I blasted my horn and stood on the brakes, causing stuff to get re-arranged in the van, then I had to pass them both going up a hill as that was where the overtaking lane was and they were still only doing 80. That really peeved me.
But in general - People who race off the lights to get in front of you, then when the 2 lanes merge to one sit on 10kmh below the limit.
People who use roundabouts incorrectly. Giving way means the person on the right should not have to brake to avoid you Fay. Indicate left only when you are about to leave the roundabout. Indicate right if you are turning right only but you still need to indicate left before you leave.
People who sit in the right hand lane when they have no need to be there. One particular road I drive regularly, I have to get in the right hand lane at the start otherwise it can be very hard to get there when I need to turn right 3km later.
Yes, tailgaiters.
BCF constantly overcharging me.
People who lie.
Taxes.

Well, I had not one but 2 cars pull out right in front of me yesterday as I was towing my caravan at 95kmh (in a 100 zone) then completely fail to get their speed above 60kmh as I blasted my horn and stood on the brakes, causing stuff to get re-arranged in the van, then I had to pass them both going up a hill as that was where the overtaking lane was and they were still only doing 80. That really peeved me.

And then they dont even give you the satisfaction of looking at you as you pass them giving them the finger :lol:

People who use roundabouts incorrectly. Giving way means the person on the right should not have to brake to avoid you Fay.
No Magpie, I had plenty of time to go straight ahead...he would not of had to brake and if he did he was a goose...I do not take risks..I am not that stupid!

I saw you towing past the burger restaurant near fishery falls when that 4WD pulled out in front of you - we were having tasty burgers :)

New pet peeve.... tents are not made to go back in their bag (easily). Why is it they always come out so perfectly folded and put away, until you use it and try to put them away yourself? It takes longer to put it in the bag than the combined erecting and dismantling of the tent!

Make the bags slightly larger than they need to be for god's sake!

Or I'll end up like Mags and just get a caravan!

One of my peeves is when I'm riding a push bike, obeying the road rules, and people abuse me for no reason. I've been called a female dog, told to get off the road, had people open car doors right in front of me, and even had one guy once tried to slap me as he drove past. Oh & I had a stone thrown at me once.

You'd think people would be happy I'm on a bike, after all it means less competition for them for parking spaces.

Last edited:
DUTCH OVENS!!!!!!!!!! why do blokes think that its FUNNY?????????????

because it's not happening to us! And it is funny (despite the racial slur in calling it that - it's really a fart in the blankets - no need to associated it with a championship football team....).

Which reminds me of my next pet peeve - COMMENTATORS!!

Especially the stupid Brits that are commentating the soccer - the other night while the Netherlands are playing - he states - Now this is where Dutch Courage comes from....

WHAT AN IDIOT!!!

How fricken stupid can you get?

Why didn't he just say... Well, the Uruguayans are in a Dutch Oven right now...

Foolish commentators... Pet Peeve!

people who touch your animals after you clearly stated "do NOT touch this animal".
people who tell you things about killing snakes after your telling them of having a passion for snakes.
people who tailgate when you are doing the speed limit
people who cannot control/discipline thier children at supermarkets or other public areas
i could go on

If you are turning right at traffic lights and are given a green light you must still give way to oncoming traffic. A green arrow indicates you have right of way, but a green light does not. People that assume the green light gives them right of way can cause terrible accidents when they get t-boned by the oncoming traffic they were supposed to give way to...

I thought it might be that but just wanted to check. It's the same over here and you'd be surprised how many people think they can accelerate and turn their cars across the lane faster than me pulling away from the lights in a straight line on any of my motorbikes.

Another pet HATE I have is when approaching a roundabout with two lead-in lanes. I can't abide the twits that insist on staying on the loft hand lane to turn right, when there are huge signs before each approach showing the RIGHT lane is to go straight ahead, or turn right, the LEFT lane is to turn left or go straight on!!!!! Doesn't anyone READ road signs any more??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back