How cool is this new globe i bought...:0)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KellieF

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Got this on ebay for $30, bit of a gimmick i know but still cool....lol
Its got LED's in it so it doesnt get hot so no need for a cage, it is remote controlled, you can choose from 16 different colours and you can also have it flashing, strobing or fading from one colour to another....
My hubby calls me inspector gadget coz i always find the weird stuff....lol

Attachments

• Oska's Light11-06-2010 002.jpg
    Oska's Light11-06-2010 002.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 159
  • Oska's Light11-06-2010 010.jpg
    Oska's Light11-06-2010 010.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 138
  • Oska's Light11-06-2010 001.jpg
    Oska's Light11-06-2010 001.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 143
  • Oska's Light11-06-2010 009.jpg
    Oska's Light11-06-2010 009.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 150
  • Oska's Light11-06-2010 003.jpg
    Oska's Light11-06-2010 003.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 138
I take it by the plastic fitting that this is a boyonett type globe?
Could you please post a link to the seller, I wouldn't mind a couple around my fish pond out the back.

Awesome light!!!

I want's me some! , Just not for enclosures , lol

I am sure your MD is very impressed.... :lol:

he can have his friends over for a party.. mood lighting for those couples that are having trouble hooking up...lol.. nice..

Are you aware that cages aren't just for the heat aspect to cover globes? What happens when you snake swings off the globe and it breaks?

Yeah awesome light!!

Are you aware that cages aren't just for the heat aspect to cover globes? What happens when you snake swings off the globe and it breaks?

But also agree with the above, your snake may try to use it as a monkey bar, and they squeeze pretty hard it could crush it.

haha, groovy little snake. not sure if i'd put that in my enclosure, i'm sure it would look great in the living room ;)

Its only used as a veiwing light when we are there and when its not on its turned off at the wall (its on a seperate switch to the heat lamp) so if he did break it off there would be no power to it anyway.
also....he is a very boring snake....he will climb on the vine across the top but thats it....in the whole time we have had him we have never seen him on the heat lamp cage or the light, not to say that he hasnt but we have just never seen it....

If he crush's the globe it's not the power you have to worry about, it's the glass that he'll be left wounded with. Is $30 bucks for a cage to be on the safe side worth the life of your snake??????

cool light though!

that is cool.. i also have a MD, that would look ace in her enclosure.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back