Going to smash this to bits......

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gruba10

Reaction score
hey hey, well i have 10 days off starting wednesday and am going to try and complete
from start my enclosure i have been wanting for a while now.

just hoping some ppl can let me know what they think of it.
the pic is just a referral to go off... but will come out looking very similarsideof7x8enclosure.jpg

What are you going to put in there? Looks big enough to house a small family :shock::lol:

hi, yeh forgot to add, it will only be a 2 door, not the three.... and i will be either getting two gtp's or two jungles to house in there.
yeah there will be a good amount of branches in there etc.... i will be posting pics up along the way..

An enclosure like that will actually be nice enough to have out where people can see it :lol: Thats a project to get excited about!

yes i am hanging to start it! the worst bit is just building it, the rest is the fun bit!!

truly jealous, will looks sweet man, i wreckon go the jungles :D:D, i start my new enclosure for my jungles in a couple weeks so keen are you using glass or perspex? i might try 5mm perspex in this enclosure all mine a tempered 5mm glass but since this enclsoure is going to really big going to be expensive for glass, IMO perspex should be fine nothing should scratch unless caused by me, keep me posted grubba

truly jealous, will looks sweet man, i wreckon go the jungles :D:D, i start my new enclosure for my jungles in a couple weeks so keen are you using glass or perspex? i might try 5mm perspex in this enclosure all mine a tempered 5mm glass but since this enclsoure is going to really big going to be expensive for glass, IMO perspex should be fine nothing should scratch unless caused by me, keep me posted grubba

Unless perspex is fixed to the back a door etc it will flex in the middle in larger enclosures .

sorry grubba for jackin ya thread but some valid info for ya:p

Dickyknee, so it would useless if used in tracks like the 5mm tempered glass i use?

sorry grubba for jackin ya thread but some valid info for ya:p

Dickyknee, so it would useless if used in tracks like the 5mm tempered glass i use?

Pretty much , any thing with any real height and it just flexes and a snake will get out in no time .
I have seen a mate build a 1200 H cage , he put perspex in the track and with in 5 minutes his diamond was out , simple pushed in the middle of the two sheets and crawled out .

My enclosure has perspex sliding doors the width of each is 500mm and they are 780mm in length. My coastal has never gotten out and they haven't buckled or bent in any way. Also have 2 other panels smaller in length for the top half. It did have glass until it got broken in transit by us!!

Thanks dickyknee, the height is going to be per enclosure 1400 high, so im not going to chance it all. I'll stick to glass thanks for you time with that and note to grubba unless fixed dont use perspex not worth the chance,

hey guys. lol its all good stimmie. as for the front doors, as u can see perspex can be used very easily as it has full support... but anyway, i will be using 5-6 mm glass for the front.
i dont know what timber i will be using as of yet, my grandpa likes using merbau for a solid type of hardwood but ill see how i go when deciding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back