How to hide?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheap Terra cotta pots from bunnings. You can make the drain hole larger for another entry as well.
Be careful if using upside down pots. I have some in with my Bredl's, & my male decided he could fit through the drain hole. He couldn't. I found him not long after he tried it, stuck & bit distressed. I used pliers to carefully crack it off him (little champ never once tried to bite me), he was fine but for some rough scales which were OK next slough. I still use the pots for hides (although they are outgrowing them now) as they seem to love being absolutely coiled snug in them, but I now plug the drain hole with a piece of cork.

Sometimes you are lucky enough to find a large enough hollow log that you can cut in half - depending on the size of the snake....

Timber box with a hole cut out or a length of 100mm water pipe, I clip the pipe to a ledge, make getting the snake out of the enclosure really easy.

Just using budgie/small bird boxes. Pick them up from pet stores already made for about 4 to 5 bucks. Hole in the front of it. The lid lifts up to get them out if they are in them.

Pines

I use empty cardboard drink dispenser boxes. Coca cola/Sprite 15 litre for the 5 foot + pythons, Brown brothers 10 litre wine for the smaller adults, Coca cola/Sprite/Lift 5 litre and the smaller wine dispenser boxes for the non- hatchy pythons.

Unlike cris I don't drink the fluid for the benefit of snake housing, I work in a tavern where they are delighted that I can save them the effort of breaking them up for disposal.

They come ready made with entrance hole and are one use disposable so no cleaning is necessary and no danger of parasite or bacterial build up and completely free of charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back