New Rough Scaled Python!!!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jele69

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Just putting it out there, I'm VERY excited to have purchased a juvenile URS Rough Scaled Python!!!!!! Next week will not come soon enough....

Many URSers experienced with these guys? Would be interested to hear what current owners have to say about them.

Cheers guys and gals.

Will post pix on arrival

Congrats , I have had a pr for the last two years and still haven't been bitten by them!.... very nice snakes!

All I can say is they're mongrel feeders :p But awesome snakes.

Oh I will shaye....when he finally gets here. Is it next Tuesday yet?

No-two: Mongrel feeders you say?...tell me more....

Mine have never been Mongrel feeders , eat every time offerd. (They are being cooled atm though)

How many have you had that are bad feeders Notwo?

Mine have never been Mongrel feeders , eat every time offerd. (They are being cooled atm though)

How many have you had that are bad feeders Notwo?

I don't have a whole heap but mine are shocking. They will feed ocasionally, alot of others I know with them have the exact same problems with one or more of theirs also. They seem to be okay with very small meals and mine were feeding 'well' for a while on small meals, but have since reverted back to their mongrelness and continue to not eat on a regular basis. And it takes upto an hour or more when they decide they will feed to actually take it, they seem very shy and will grab it but just as fast drop it.

They are very very cool snakes though and I wouldn't not keep them now I have them, everyone should get some. :p

sounds like one of the reasons I like them so much -their placid nature- may be one of their drawbacks where feeding is concerned. We shall see...

Thanks for the insight mate

Ooh, controversy, I like it. Which one will he be? To feed or not to feed...

Cheers for the insight APS'ers

i got my roughie pair through urs
i was very happy with the service i paid them and the next day i had my pyrhons.
They are a little cage defensive female more tyhen the male she will get very stroppy when in shed. But when they are out of their cages they are absoloute angels.
I hope you enjoy your new roughie as much as we have.

I got a pair off John Montgomery a couple of years ago and they have never missed a feed and are dog tame. In fact they hit their food quite strongly.

i had my big girl out today, my dad was having a hold and a family friend walked past and she struck out at her...it was random..first act of violence ever...also the first women to come into close proximity...she must hate other chicks in her area =D

It maybe this time of year, ie cooler, that many animals instinctively go off their feed. I have a few animals ("not breeders" who arent being fed now anyways), that go off their food now, but I always (except hatchies) slow down on their feed during winter anyways to give their metabolism a bit of a break...
In my experience, I got a pair of RSP's from John Weigel and they haven't missed a feed and are also tame as....
No two animals are the same.....that's what makes the hobby interesting! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back