Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dneti

Reaction score
hey everyone.

i am looking to get a second snake but would like something that climbs. i currently have a bhp and she's great but want to slowly expand my collection with something different like a climber. just want to know ppl's opinions on what u guys would recommend to get. thanks

most of the carpets are good climbers our carpets rarely decend to the ground (especially when provided with an aboreal hide)

get a scrub python... it will climb, eat your cat, eat your hand, grow to 10 meters, then eat the rest of your arm haha

coastal or bredli are good climbers they love climbing all over there hatchie rack

i love scrubs but they dont make a good 2end snake................. i have mcdowelli, imbricata and cheynei and they all are highly aboreal apart from afew individuals which for some reason prefer to be on the floor rather then sitting like a gtp on a thick branch

my bredli is always climbing on the branches i have for her and she likes to rest on them like a gtp lol very cute

thanks guys. was tossing up between a jungle and a bredli. preferred the bredli but wanted to make sure that they were pretty keen climbers. also what are the dimensions of enclosures for any of ur climbers??? thanks

My bredli are pretty keen climbers, spend most of their time up, even now when the heat is on the floor they prefer to be up high :lol: they'll try their hardest to find the highest point to sit and observe too. My two are about 4-5ft in length, I've currently got them in 72L tubs awaiting construction on a display enclosure.

Carpets love to climb, I own a bredli and he loves to climb, is always on perch basking, 24 hours accept when it's night he will explore the floor!

thanks for your help guys. got myself a little jungle yesterday, feisty little thing, haha! will definitely get a bredli next once i have completed my conversion of a tv cabinet.

The BEST climbers are tree snakes (both common and brown) and GTPs. Neither are suitable for a novice. No offence, I don't know you.

The BEST climbers are tree snakes (both common and brown) and GTPs. Neither are suitable for a novice. No offence, I don't know you.

GTPs are good climbers... but then they just sit there! I guess they make up for it by being pretty. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back