Mac or PC?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
and as for the iPad, I can't tell the difference between it and 4 iPod Touches taped together..

Classic comment :) (brilliance).

And I do agree with your above comments... My needs for music most certainly differ greatly to those of other needs...

But do you know what I do wish...

I wish that CDs were cheaper (as cheap as I can buy my MP3s) because I'd take a CD any day!!!

I wish that CDs were cheaper (as cheap as I can buy my MP3s) because I'd take a CD any day!!!
Agreed.. I love owning CDs, and their sound quality far exceeds any mp3.

Pity they're so expensive, especially as it costs about 10c to make like 100 blank CDs...

Since when did that happen. That's the dumbest thing ever. I mean having to use only one sort of headphones.
Headphones that come with any MP3 player are horrible. You need quality ones (at least i do) with MP3 because they reduce the amount of bass and mid range frequencies when converted into MP3. That's retarded!
...why would you buy a shuffle:p

Pffff, you tell me....think it was one of those 'im gonna get fit and run everywhere' moments. Didn't last long

PC or MAC.... Cake or whipped cream?

I have a better solution... Have both together...
I run a home made PC beast of a machine (16 gigs of ram with 3.8 ghz and a 2 gig video card) that runs on apple software with the option to flip to windows 7 for gaming...

No virus crap, best performance... It's called "Having your cake with the whipped cream on top".
As for the other apple crap... one word... Fail.
Your computer is probably bottle necking. 16 gig ram? windows has a ram cap fyi.

IMO the det (department of education) REALLY *********UP ! by cancelling their contract with apple,
if they hadnt fully switched over to lenovo (IBM) then year 9/10 student MIGHT have mac instead of tiny, slow pieces of PC Fudgola ....

ps. i have always had PC, and hate them with a passion. i am saving up for a macbook pro, iphone 4, and some gtp's :p
Mate your laptops cost about 400 dollars compared to the 1500 for the lowest end mac. And its not slow because of windows its because its cheap and btw IBM pretty much owns australia apple didnt stand a chance. saving up for a macbook pro and iphone 4 someones easily swayed by the public iphones are terrible. they are worse then sybian phones imo

they are worse then sybian phones imo

What made your opinion produce that statement?

Symbian Mobile (particularly Nokia) are very strongly in Asia and Europe - the two most popular mobile areas in the world... So why is that?

I'm not doubting that they're crap - because I own a terrible Nokia (the coverage is perfect, reception is perfect but it is slow as a thing that goes very slow and crashes more times than I care to imagine....).

But... I can't imagine why the billions of Asian and European smart phone users could be wrong....

I've always been a PC user desktops and laptops both ..... but i will admit i had never used a Mac of any kind before ..... just last week my husband brought me home a Ipod touch and i admit it i 120% am inlove with it ..... i think my next thing i get will also be Mac .... i'm not a gammer by any means so they suit me down to the ground ....

Mac is idiot proof. And you pay for that. PC, Linux... they're made for people who want to customize, but idiots still get them, then do stupid things, then come on forums and complain about quality. So yeah, I'm PC all the way :lol:

Yeah the cap is 16gb on Win7 64 Home Premium. The higher end versions can use up to 192gb.

... 193gb? Is that a case of I know boats or a mistype?

... 193gb? Is that a case of I know boats or a mistype?
I know a bit about boats... 192 gb is the limit in Win7 64-bit Professional and up.

You wont ever use more then 5, even 4 is easily enough.
Sounds a lot like Bill Gates famous "No one will need more than 637 kb of memory" quote from the early 70s... ;)
It's all dependant on what you use your PC for - 4gb is heaps for gaming but 64-bit and > 4gb are almost essential for multitasking modern graphics apps. Try running Photoshop CS4, Max/Maya, ZBrush, that kind of thing, and you'll be happy you've got more memory.

I use XP because its the better of the version but yeah I thought that was only for 64bit versions and 64bit isnt that great
I disagree; XP and 32 bit are both obsolete - Win7 64-bit is the way to go on a modern PC.

Also agree - 64 bit is the way to go - I am so happy with a 64 bit PC!

PC, Apple... I hate it. When studying I have to change rooms or bring my personal laptop when I'm stuck with a Mac...

Mac is idiot proof. And you pay for that. PC, Linux... they're made for people who want to customize, but idiots still get them, then do stupid things, then come on forums and complain about quality. So yeah, I'm PC all the way :lol:

Just because you are not computer savvy does not automatically mean that you are an idiot.......

Just because you are not computer savvy does not automatically mean that you are an idiot.......
I agree with Fay - Some people are just a bit helpless with technology in general.
Just because they are lost on a PC doesn't mean, they wouldn't be just as lost on a Mac as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back