Far Nth Qld...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They're great, hey, Ash? I've heard them many times, but that was the first I'd seen properly, let alone been able to get a shot of one! Lucky day ;)

Awesome pics. I just got back from Cairns yesterday! I was up there for two weeks aswell and di cape tribulation and a cruise on the daintree etc etc. Saw a few tree snakes on the cruise along with plenty of crocs and bird life.

Beautiful shots Kristy, love all the birds ones and those gorgeous wallabies, one of my fave animals :D

Sounds similar to what we did, lowndes. I can't wait to get up there again, and it may be our seachange location in the future ;)

Ta, Thals. The wallabies were gorgeous, and pretty well tame. I'd have to look up what species they were again, but it's one of the few spots they still live. V cute.

North QLD is somewhere I am very seriously looking in the coming 2 years, though as an electrician job oppurtunities are minimal. Also went down to tully and up behind Cairns in the mountains amongst a whole heaps of other places but saw minimal wildlife, especially of the scaled variety.

North QLD is somewhere I am very seriously looking in the coming 2 years, though as an electrician job oppurtunities are minimal. Also went down to tully and up behind Cairns in the mountains amongst a whole heaps of other places but saw minimal wildlife, especially of the scaled variety.

They're well camouflaged up here - we have trees :)

There is by no means a shortage - I miss almost every single snake... But go out with a 'spotter' and all of a sudden a trip down a suburban street turns into a BTS fest!

As for electrician jobs - try directly after our next cyclone - can guarantee you work then :) Though with this La Nina weather pattern, you may need to wait 3 years!

The wallabies were gorgeous, and pretty well tame. I'd have to look up what species they were again, but it's one of the few spots they still live. V cute.
Look kinda like rock wallabies with the foot pads, but I didn't think they lived around there..

Look kinda like rock wallabies with the foot pads, but I didn't think they lived around there..

Looks like Rock Wallabies at Granite Gorge (near Mareeba).

I've photographed the Rock Wallabies on the Tablelands many times, they're one of two types of Rock Wallaby found in the Far North (so I am told).

The second type I discovered in Charters Towers - but imo not as cute as the Mareeba ones :)

Hey, they're the ones! The ones at Granite Gorge near Mareeba (we stayed at the weirdest caravan park there. very scary locals)

looks like you had a wonderful time up there, your photos are fantastic.

Hey, they're the ones! The ones at Granite Gorge near Mareeba (we stayed at the weirdest caravan park there. very scary locals)

You can actually stay at Granite Gorge - they have a beautiful tent site there... would be worth it to just go down in the morning to eat with the wallabies....

We go to Granite Gorge a few times per year - it's such a nice day out there!

The facilities there did look lovely, and I guarantee, we wished we had thought to stay there rather than in Mareeba ;)

Thanks, LadyJ.

She was a beauty, morgs, but it was the first night I was playing with a new macro lens, so I'm a bit disappointed in that pic! Glad you like it, though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back