Two Tier Lizard Enlosure Completed!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
looks wicked hope i can make something like that one day... a matter a fact u have inspired my to draw up some designs :p

Cheers for the kind words hah makes the all the work worthwhile when other people appreciate your work aswell!

Yea I can see it being a High maintenance enclosure with cleaning and keeping the tracks free of stuff. (Probs one of the major downfalls with the design but didn't intent on incorporating other substrates.) But happy enough to take on the resposibilty once i get herps in there!! hah

Chris1 - those rocks are on the mulch are actually one unit, used boncrete as its also a bonding agent to glue them together but unsure how well it will hold up over time but hopefully when/if they dig under it, it shouldn't fall on any herps! =D

Oh just a little hint i forgot to mention. I had a problem finding air vents for the enclosure as a shock in my local hardware vents for the size i have in my enclosure now they wanted $15 each(white plastic ones)! now i needed 8 in totally as i have one on the inside and one on the outside. Thats $120 all up and thought that was ludacris!

So went into one of those discount shops and picked up timber photo frames for $2ea kicked the glass and backing out and inserted some black steel mesh i had and BAM! $14 in total for my 8 vents so yea very proud of that as these look 100x better than those white plastic vents and so much more cheaper!!!

looks great, but a question did you sand the edges of the broken tiles ? the broken pieces can be as sharp as razor blades !!

Oh just a little hint i forgot to mention. I had a problem finding air vents for the enclosure as a shock in my local hardware vents for the size i have in my enclosure now they wanted $15 each(white plastic ones)! now i needed 8 in totally as i have one on the inside and one on the outside. Thats $120 all up and thought that was ludacris!

So went into one of those discount shops and picked up timber photo frames for $2ea kicked the glass and backing out and inserted some black steel mesh i had and BAM! $14 in total for my 8 vents so yea very proud of that as these look 100x better than those white plastic vents and so much more cheaper!!!

Hey mate - nice idea with the vents, where did you get the black steel mesh? i've been looking for some.

Zuesowns, had the mesh from an old flyscreen door my dad got off a demo job afew years ago, im not really sure where you can pick it up from. But you can get aluminum fly screen from most hardware shops and possibly glue or staple it in, but yea wouldn't be as rigid and strong as the steel mesh. (Might have to test the aluminium myself)

True mate, its a bloody good, cheaper and much better looking also just as practical than those shotty white plastic ones!

What have you used to clad the outside, it looks verry smart.

Would like to see a picture of the external top of enclosure, (please).

Very nice job on the enclosure mate very professional.....You have given me some great ideas for when I attempt to build my enclosure...

Cheers, Tinky the enclosure is cladded with Western Red Ceddar, yea its pretty expensive but dad had some left from when we renovated our kitchen! haha plus my other enclosure is cladded with it two so they look similar.

The top is just white melamine

I really like your tiles, they look great - thinking of trying that out for my enclosure i'm building, do they make the enclosure heavy? mine is already 6ft high and 750 wide, 600 deep.

yea ceramic tiles add a considerable amount of weight, but my snake enclosure has slate tile floor now thats heavy!! hah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back