Board Games

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slim6y

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Having grown up on Monopoly (everyone's favourite) and now I am teaching my youngest to play it (in the real world, not electronically) - I realised how much we don't play board games anymore!!!

I managed to give up Park Lane for an entire side plus a half of another :)

Well, best way to learn isn't it?

So what was your favourite board game?

I also used to play this one called Go - it was a travel board game from the 60s... Very entertaining. I saw some for sale on eBay and was considering getting that as well....

Cluedo.
And I like Uno, although that isn't a 'board' game as such.
Never play anymore :( Board games are highly under-rated. Cheap, easy entertainment..should be more of it :)

RISK is a great family favourite of ours :p

LOVE risk!!! But gets quite 'angry' at times...

Cluedo.
And I like Uno, although that isn't a 'board' game as such.
Never play anymore :( Board games are highly under-rated. Cheap, easy entertainment..should be more of it :)

Haven't played Risk since last year... Uno is good.. 500 is good too... but we're three players at the moment :)

i havent played a board game for a while but i remember the old monopoly days,i seriously couldnt help myself,i always eventually stole from the bank,lol

i havent played a board game for a while but i remember the old monopoly days,i seriously couldnt help myself,i always eventually stole from the bank,lol

We just played then - its a bit of a windy dreary day up here (you know, only 22'C brrrrrr).. A great monopoly day.... I won (of course)... My daughter got the first set - Mayfair and Park Lane - but couldn't afford to put houses on it and she sold me the last station (which I had 3)... Eventually she wore down and so did my girlfriend... All landing on the stations and they had to deal....

The one that won it for me was Whitechapple - with a hotel!!!

It was called Game of Knowledge. Nothing like a competition between family member to see who is the smartest. You worked your way around the solar system with questions. Let's just say it was back in the day when Pluto was still a planet.

This thread prompted me to get on Ebay and sus out some games for my grandsons - Trouble, Elefun, Gator Golf :D

It was called Game of Knowledge. Nothing like a competition between family member to see who is the smartest. You worked your way around the solar system with questions. Let's just say it was back in the day when Pluto was still a planet.

I had that game!!!

Can't recall it very well though :(

This thread prompted me to get on Ebay and sus out some games for my grandsons - Trouble, Elefun, Gator Golf :D

Sounds like fun haha.... Not played any of those!!!

We were just backing up what you said earlier (my girlfriend and I) - what you spend on board games you'll easily save in movie tickets, DVD rentals and other 'going outs' - they pay for themselves really!

lol i never played monopoly as a child... played it for the first time a few months ago at my friends place :D
my dad and I used to play checkers :)
and trouble :D

Talisman! And sequence. Theres also a good one called carcassone but I'm not sure it quite fits in as board game...

monopoly and uno was the faves, Now its call of duty, until i have kids then bring back the old board games, altough i got monopoly on ps3 kinda cool

Stock Market (they don't make it any more).
Just bought scrabble today.

Monopoly, Scrabble, Apples to Apples, and we play a lot of card games too like 500

Monopoly, upwords, trivial pursuit, pictionary, cluedo...thats all I can think of at the moment, but our family was very big on board games and we still occasionaly get everyone together for a game day...
Now that this has come up does that mean everyone on here is going to be bidding against each other on ebay :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back