Co2 setup alternate to soda stream

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

the jungle guy

Reaction score
i know the Co2 thread has bein covered millions of times and noticed from my search but one thing i have noted or can not find

i get a bottle of c02 from kmart or who ever has them is there any other way i can administer this into a container without using soda stream machines can i set it up like in a small hose and a controlled nozzle and to put into container air tight obviously spending 100 just to adminisiter the c02 seems a bit steep is there any other way or should i speak to a BOC rep about it? sure there has to be something else that can be made up cheaper work as effective

any comments or links apprecaited
cheers

im guessing kmart will only have the sodastream cans which ull need a attachment to fit to that as it has a little point which needs to be pressed down which the soda machine does u may need to talk to a BOC person and use one of there tanks which has a open close tap and a connection

Vinegar mixed with bi-carb soda will produce CO2.
This will only cost you 20 cents to produce but you will need to wash the rodents afterwards i suppose as it probably wouldn't taste that flash but it is cheap!

cheers not interested in using anythin else but Co2 guys, im just looking at other alternatives to administer the Co2 with out using the conventiaonl soda stream i just think IMO its dam expensive to spend 100 to cull them im sure you can make a hose with adapter that fits onto there Co2 bottle from soda stream and with some form of tap that works similar to the soda stream for lot letss i was just fishing for ideas if anyone has done this

the bicarb and vinegar is not so great

Just trying to help you did say you wanted a cheap alternative!

no worries mate not having a go at you at all! dont think i am for one second :)

but what im looking for is a cheaper alternative of using "Co2" the gas it self is cheap but cost 100 dollars just to administer it thats why im searching is there is any home made kits like any adaptor and hose with form of a tap that i can connect direct to the soda stream bottle with out using the soda stream machine

thanks

hey hey looks like your on to something here, with that adaptor just gotta figure out how much for the hose and tap vs buying that 2nd soda stream thanks mate

Get a n2o cracker off ebay, they take standard soda bulbs so you can get refills at any supermarket, one soda bulb will cull a bucket of rodents. you put the bulb in and screw it down, it pierces the cap and then you either tighten or loosen to adjust gas flow. It doesn't get any simpler or effective....

Get a n2o cracker off ebay, they take standard soda bulbs so you can get refills at any supermarket, one soda bulb will cull a bucket of rodents. you put the bulb in and screw it down, it pierces the cap and then you either tighten or loosen to adjust gas flow. It doesn't get any simpler or effective....

that sounds dead easy mate, had a look cant find any AUS found heaps in USA, how does it work the more you screw the more gas it releases?

next thing that for n2o nitrous not Co2 carbon dioxide, does nitrous work the same?

i just chucked my old one out(soda stream), still worked, i just got a new one a couple of months ago... dont worry about co2.. i'll show you how to CD them. its the fastest way to kill a rodent..

No, I would stick to CO2 bulbs for culling, people use them for nitrous inhalation (which is illegal, and I don't condone the abuse of medical grade anesthetic gasses;-), but they take standard soda bulbs as well, and work well at euthanising rodents. You just drop it in the bucket with your rodents and loosly fit a lid...

Am pythons, bugger talk about bad timming lol, will be very interested in your method tony, have to show us some time if thats cool

thanks caustichumor, look into that

at the moment this is just curiousty but at a later track i will need to get a colony happening to feed all the snakes, and the hatchies so when i need to do this i just need to be prepared and have the know how

thanks guys

i got a bottle of co2 from repco for about $33 then just need regulator which cost me $80 but then from then you just need to buy a new bottle of co2 when you run out and use the same regulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back