Board Games

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
snakes & ladders Now my 7yr old son is getting me to teach him how to play chess Grasping the concept quick mmmmm I"LL be trying to win soon instead of tryn to show him best moves etc

Whoa - some of these games have been dead for years. I'm bidding on eBay for a game of Go now - hope it's complete - it's definitely retro!!!

Also... found Subbuteo (ever heard of it?).

It's kind of like table soccer... well, it's soccer, you play it on the table but by flicking little plastic soccer figurine things.... It's crazy old.... Just waiting to hear back from the eBayer to let me know postage costs (coming from the UK).

My parents used to own a set (might get them to bring it over one day).

I also got Monopoly for the PS3 - but I feel ripped off - when everyone is here there's 3 kids and two adults, the maximum players on the PS3 version is only 4 players!!! What a gip!!!

See, electronics most definitely doesn't beat the original board games.

I have Risk on the computer too - but... I find even when the computer cheats (on the dice rolls) it's still unable to win because of strategy - no matter what level of computer you're playing against! So I don't trust computers vs original dice rolling!

Hmmm, monoploy, snakes and laders, and chess. But if it counts puzzles are the OBVIOUS winner. Those things take anywhere between 6 seconds (it was a 12 peice puzzle =D) and a month (10,000 peice). So does that take up enough rainy day time for you? Lol.

We have progressed form biginners chess up to full games.

Labrinth is really good.

We play Payday, which you can play a fairly quick game.

Blockus is totally awsome, but you need 4 players

Phase10 for cards.

We also had fun with a 500pc Simpsons jigsaw

I also got Monopoly for the PS3 - but I feel ripped off - when everyone is here there's 3 kids and two adults, the maximum players on the PS3 version is only 4 players!!! What a gip!!!
You should try Dungeons & dragons.
It's not a literally a board game, but sure can accomodate a lot more players, and it doesn't need any kind of electronic entertainment devices.

I really love it, also used to play Star Wars.

Just found (and bought) another copy of Stockmarket on ebay.
Looking for more ideas for when we go travelling.

Just found (and bought) another copy of Stockmarket on ebay.
Looking for more ideas for when we go travelling.

Bring it over we'll have a play session - will wait till Go arrives too (how long we got for a games night?)

I showed my girlfriend Axis and Allies yesterday - saw it at toy world for $75 - might see if I can get a cheaper version on eBay too...

Have I started a craze???

I've never played Axis and Allies - however, I understand it's a much more advanced version of Risk.

I played D&D when I was a kid - but I grew out of it quickly. I used to make my own maps and games and everything... But it was hard to find people serious enough to take it on... I admit (as geeky as it may seem) but it was a good way to get those imagination juices flowing!!!

So anyone here played Axis and Allies?

I have always been partial to a game of Strip Poker and Spin the Bottle.

Not with the family of corse.

Anyone looking for a game I am free this Friday. . . . . .

My friends and I (we are all between 22-25yo) get together at least once a month and have a games night of Pictionary, Uno, and Charades..

We tried scattegories once but it ended up in too many arguments haha.

and we don't really know the EXACT rules of charades but we have fun anyway!

We also tried Twister once but i think we are too old for that already.. we all ended up with far too many bruises.

My friends and I (we are all between 22-25yo) get together at least once a month and have a games night of Pictionary, Uno, and Charades..

We tried scattegories once but it ended up in too many arguments haha.

and we don't really know the EXACT rules of charades but we have fun anyway!

We also tried Twister once but i think we are too old for that already.. we all ended up with far too many bruises.

I think I'd like to start a 'friends' board games night...

Now that I have Subbuteo on the way, perhaps even Go and plus cards of course... I think I might have to get a 'games' room.... Kids can move into one room and then we have a spare for games. Get a card table (always wanted one, my parents had one, it was awesome) and then we can maybe have Friday night games every so often.

But no spin the bottle or soggy biscuits thanks tinky....

Never been super keen on board games I am addicted to scrabble though now on my iPhone. It's called "words with friends" and you either play randoms from around the world or people you know with the same game on their itouch or iphone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back