What genetic morph is this eastern bluey?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenshin

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
just curious to see what people think about this eastern bluey?

100_1419.jpg

opinions?

its a very nice blueys, but its not a morph until proven with breeding. i'm pretty sure ive already told you i want that bluey for my white boy. :D is it being cooled this winter?

its a very nice blueys, but its not a morph until proven with breeding. i'm pretty sure ive already told you i want that bluey for my white boy. :D is it being cooled this winter?

hey mate im sure it will turn out to be genetic and not a once off freak looks spick in person, it unfortunatly dosent belong to me but belongs to a mate of mine he only has normal easterns to breed it back to so might be afew years off throwing out some identical young

Last edited:
i assume your mate doesnt want to sell :D

itd go great with this boy
DSCF3013.jpg

might have to grab a few bubs from you at some stage

might have to grab a few bubs from you at some stage

im pretty sure you have been speaking with the mate of mine who owns this bluey already so if your in qld a stud might be a good idea to get quicker results the next two years then you can both have offspring that are the same colour alot sooner

hey, thats very possible. could you ask your mate, to pop me a pm on here. that white boy isnt massive but should do the job, hes only ogt one girl to service here as the other females are going to other projects. so would be interesting to put him over that one if it is indeed a girl.

cheers
gary

hey, thats very possible. could you ask your mate, to pop me a pm on here. that white boy isnt massive but should do the job, hes only ogt one girl to service here as the other females are going to other projects. so would be interesting to put him over that one if it is indeed a girl.

cheers
gary

no drama's mate ill give him a call tonight
hope you two get some white youngsters

Hi, I am not having a go, I was just curious as to why a morph is only considered a morph once proven with breeding? My understanding of genetics is that the phenotype is an expression of the genotype + the environment. If this bluey was kept in similar conditions to the other 'normal' blueys that this person possesses, wouldn't that mean the difference in phenotype is genetic? Meaning that it will be able to be passed on to future offspring?

Hi, I am not having a go, I was just curious as to why a morph is only considered a morph once proven with breeding? My understanding of genetics is that the phenotype is an expression of the genotype + the environment. If this bluey was kept in similar conditions to the other 'normal' blueys that this person possesses, wouldn't that mean the difference in phenotype is genetic? Meaning that it will be able to be passed on to future offspring?

a morph is a morph mate but obviously the geneticly proven ones are the most desirable as they can be passed on for many generations, i think this one will turn out genetic i geuss we will find out this year or next year

cheers
gary

Mate i will be keen on putting it with yours but im still not 100% on its sex ? Im on the northside at brighton if your keen on having a closer look let me know . I have never bred reptiles before so it would probly be a good idea to maybe do it at your place as you have more experience . Its around september that they do the deed isnt it ?
It is cooling at the moment i have not seen it for a couple off weeks , do you still offer any food when cooling ? i have not offerd any as it hasnt been out .

cheers nico

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back