sand monitor information

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reptiledude1

Reaction score
hi all getting a sand monitor in a couple of days juts wondering what temp i should keep the enclsoure at and what do they eat.

cheers dylan

they eat sand ofcourse, otherwise they wouldnt be called sand monitors, lol,..!! :p

hi all getting a sand monitor in a couple of days juts wondering what temp i should keep the enclsoure at and what do they eat.

cheers dylan

:shock: Shouldn't you know all this before getting one?

EDIT: or are you just stirring the pot?

surely hes stirring the pot, if he was serious about getting any animal the cage should already be up and running to make sure its all perfect with food in tubs ready to go,..!! :p

i took it as a stir anyway,...!! :p hope im right! :)

basiclly they get about 3-4ft dependant on locale, can be quiet toey, they love it realllly really hot (basking spot 50-60 degree's celcious) a tile stack can be utilised they like them like most monitors

they really like to dig so make sure nothing in the enclosure can be dug under and undermined also provide an enclosed box with an access hole filled with damp sand for digging/burrowing while they are small also aids in shedding

thanks kenshin as for the others i said i am getting it in a couple of days so i have a couple of days to get the enclsoure ready

Even though you have a couple of days to set things up you should now what they eat! What research have you done on them so far?

Sorry if that sounds harsh but buying any animal and not knowing what it eats or the temperature it needs is a bit silly. Even if you do have a couple of days.

well i have a basic idea on temps i have keep other monitors but i havent keep sandys before juts like to double check also on food as it is a big sandy.

well i have a basic idea on temps i have keep other monitors but i havent keep sandys before juts like to double check also on food as it is a big sandy.

monitors are peice of piss to keep in general just give them as much room as you can, keep them as hot as you can and shovel them with food and they will thrive

there are exeptions tho like emerald tree monitors and water monitors ect

Ok, I apologise, I just thought you were new to monitors and going out and buying a sandy without knowing anything about them

woooo looks like u cnt post a thread on here anymore without getting smashed by everyone

goodluck with the sandy !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back