Classic Bredli "ambush"

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

solar 17

This Bredli girl lays in this ambush position for hours, she takes rats [fresh killed] so hard she often dismembers them, notice the blood on the back wall from this mornings feed, this enclosure is 1800mm high but of a night she coils up close to the floor...solar 17 [Baden]
4811485407_b9bfa7e104.jpg

thats an awesome photo mate, how big is she? But its not exactly pretty when they play a little too rough with their food is it haha. yesterday i had my 5 ft MD split a rat up the gut from too much pressure, not the most appealing site..or smell for that matter :)

cool pic my coastal was doing this the other day for hours didnt move.

Attachments

• ambush.jpg
    ambush.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 103
l don't bother to much about cooling my females [Bredli], that was her last feed before mating, which l will start by putting them together in the beginning of September, hopefully eggs mid December and hatchies "around" Valentines day [Feb. 14th].........solar 17 [Baden]

oh do Bredli breed late in the year? I keep Bredli but really don't want to breed them.

Mate great looking bredli. How good are those water bowls haha I've got a heap of them. Are you putting her with a hypo male or keeping it classic?

Great looking Bredl's, Baden.

Is that a hole in the enclosure floor, at the back right?

Great looking Bredl's, Baden.

Is that a hole in the enclosure floor, at the back right?

Sock Puppet..That hole leads to her cold area with the heat being "habistat heat panels" up the top and a warm log halfway between, she just goes between the three as she pleases.....solar 17 [Baden]

Sock Puppet..That hole leads to her cold area with the heat being "habistat heat panels" up the top and a warm log halfway between, she just goes between the three as she pleases.....solar 17 [Baden]
Nice, was wondering if that was the case, I've heard of people doing similar setups for their diamonds to allow them to get right away from the warm basking area.
Stands to reason Bredl's would do similar, considering how cold their natural habitat gets at night.
Many keepers would have seen their Bredl's out at night away from the heat in fairly low temps, my male in particular does this more often than not (unless he's just been fed).
If you have any pics handy, would love to see one of the full enclosure.

How does the log half way heat?

Nice, was wondering if that was the case, I've heard of people doing similar setups for their diamonds to allow them to get right away from the warm basking area.
Stands to reason Bredl's would do similar, considering how cold their natural habitat gets at night.
Many keepers would have seen their Bredl's out at night away from the heat in fairly low temps, my male in particular does this more often than not (unless he's just been fed).
If you have any pics handy, would love to see one of the full enclosure.

Yeah His enclosure are fantastic, i'm currently in the process of constructing one similar.

Hi Baden

Could we please see a piccie of the whole enclosure I would like to show hubby and also you mentioned you dont cool your Bredlis before mating.....I thought pythons had to be cooled before they could 'get in the mood' or are bredli's different.

By the way beuuutiful snake absolutely stunnning !!!!!!!

Elizabeth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back