Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metalbeard

Reaction score
Just wondering if any one names thier pets with Clever or Funny names?

I named my Orange phase Beardie Plumpkin, because hes a Fatty and orange.
My Jungle Carpet Tarzan, cause Jungle you get it ? lol.
Striped Carpet is Zeelo, cause Striped like a Zebra and the 'lo' comes from cleopatra cause of her asp story...

Also Saw a GTP called Shrek cause its green and all mean.

Give me some Funny names and the story why :D

My pinecone (tiliqua rugosa rugosa) is named Briss. Seems obscure, but the guy I brought him off (great to deal with, if you have an account here, cheers!) was away in Brisbourne when I first contacted him. When I was sent pictures the filename was 'Brissie', so I've since named my little pinecone 'Briss' or 'Brissie'.
My bearded is called Rem, but I've nicknamed him 'Fierce'... I don't think anyone needs to guess why.

I have a pair of black and white Diamond Pythons that I've named "King Diamond" (if there are any metalheads on here) and "Oreo" obviously because she black and white...

Unfortunately mine is not clever but just a lack of imagination. I called my first Amyae pair Prickly for the male and Pear for the female. As that is just what they remind me of in appearance. A Prickly pear plant.

Last edited:
Not clever but my friend called one of his EWD's Van Damme

Last edited by a moderator:
Pepper: first handling she kept doing mini lunges toward my hand and looked like she was sneezing

Nitro: first handling he 'exploded' out of his tub and didn't slow down for several months.

DK: for the first 2 months people asked what her name was ... "Dont Know'' was the answer, and it stuck, but got shortened to DK

Shiloh: was always hiding or running back to her hide, i commented "oh, you're a shy little thing" which morphed into Shiloh !

Freckles: pretty self expanitory, he's a Darwin but looking at him head on, he has Freckles !

My first snake, my male bredli is called Paradox - A statement contrary to received opinion... not many people here keep snakes, let alone a teenage girl :lol: , my female bredli is called Laila - means dark beauty (she was classed as classic) and my new scrub will be Liana - which is a long, twisty strangler vine in rainforests :lol:

Arthur my scrub was named when I couldn't think of anything and didn't know his sex. Someone told me "how can we name it if we don't know if it's an Arthur or Martha". I chose Arthur :)

Grinner came from 2 reasons...Grinspoon is my favourite band and we were listening to them on the way home from picking him up. Their motto thing is Grinners are Winners. The second reason is I think that a snake looks like it's grinning with the part near it's mouth (don't know the correct name).

If I was to get another scrub (doubt it though) I would want to name her Lillith :)

Last edited:
Nit clever names, but I really like them

My two spotteds (only have one now though) Otis and Baby (house of a thousands courpse' reference)

My two diamonds Cecil n Bettie ( I really love the name Cecil, my partner chose Bettie)

I have a python called monty, as in Monty Python :lol: (just joking my snakes cant even hear)

Coastal carpets: Rorschach (watchmen) and Leonidas (300)
Diamonds: Poppet (as in 'allo poppet from Pirates of the Caribbean) and govna (cos it ties in with poppet)
Bredli: Motley (as in motley crue cos im a metalhead and i was reading Nikki Sixx's diary when i went to pick him up)
Jungle: Jigsaw
Thick tail: Bert (not really sure why i called him that)
Storrs monitor: Bear (as in bear grylls)

well me big coastal, (he was big when i got him) is named " pinkie" as a food joke
my female stimsons is named after her localitie " alice"
and my gold diamonds are harkimer and zichonia
and ive got one hatchie coastal that i call bitie mc.bite bite

and i havent found names for all the others yet

we called our snake Lilith but I tend to call her everything from Lilith to lil, lilly,lilly-pilly or when she is being clumsy with her rat and eating upside down I call her Silly Lilly.

Got a stimson called Barney Stimson after Barney Stintson on How I met your mother.. Different spelling last names but close enough for a laugh...

Have a Darwin with a green wash colour called Lorne - after the green dude in Angel - who was named after Lorne Green the actor [ Dad in Bonanza ] . Who would call their kid Lorne [ lawn ] Green ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back