Building my gecko display tank

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chadleystar

Reaction score
Hey all,

I got sucked into what is commonly known as the "Herp Addiction" by a great friend of mine. So after much thought and planning I decided that I wanted an enclosure that I could use but that would also be a great display case for my new found family members.

This is the begining of my project I designed it all and had a neat little aquairium shop in Cairns make it up for me. I got it home today and thought I would take some picks of the enclosure before I set it all up and over the next couple of days it should be complete and ready for our babies to move in. Hope you enjoy the journey over the next couple of days of bringing my idea into reality.

*much thanks to mummabear for advice and giving me this fantastic addiction :)

Gecko Set up_0001.jpgGecko Set up_0004.jpg

Gecko Set up_0005.jpgGecko Set up_0002.jpg

I doubt he'll have too many problems up north ;)

I'd really love to know how much you paid to get that made up, but it would be rude of me to ask.... :rolleyes: :D

looks good ,what are you planning to keep and dont worry keeping geckos is very addictive .

Thanks sweetangel,

I will be using 2 habistat heat mats one 11 inch x 11 inch the other is 11 inch x 6 inch all running off a single habistat thermostat. I placed stirofoam underneath tank and cut out a small section for the cord. I looked at using a heat cord but opted not to in this case. I have been running 2 11 inch x 6 inch heat mats on two smaller 2 foot glass enclosures and with the stirofoam under neath it simply redirects the heat up rather than allowing the wood in the stand to absorb it. I live in the tropics as well so the thermostat doesnt have to work too hard to get it to my desired temps.

Kristy_07 - $700.00

Sarah - 2 Neph levis Pilbs (by Sherman) and a pair of Neph Aspers (by Mr_Blue)

Looks great mate. Can't wait to see the finished product. Looking forward to meeting the inhabitants too.

very nice,

you could almost use the cupboard part as a hatchling setup although the doors might be a problem.

So Day Two and things are moving along, but making a hell of a mess...
Gecko Set up_0011.jpg

So everything has now dried and been light sanded then recoated 3 times

Gecko set up_0010.jpg

The lights have been fitted and the heating connected up so I will move it into the house and start fleshing it all out and add our babies in there. Will post pics when this is done.

may i suggest heating via a single blue or red globe in every compartment this way it would improve veiwing as well i saw perth zoo and armadale reptile parks gecko enclosures setup with the blue or purple bulbs looks fantastic

could possibly throw afew hatchling tubs under the tanks as well

looks good

So its all done and set up now going to watch the heating to make sure everything is ok before we move them in there. I tried to get some pics with the light off because that is really when it comes into its own with the blue leds but failed. It was a challange but one well worth doing and now we have pleanty of storage that hides all the cords and containers and bits and peices away. A nice peice of furniture durning the day and we are able to view them during the night when they are out and feeding.
Thanks all for your comments, I wam happy to answer any questions people may have. Oh and the total cost $1000.00 (not including reptiles)
Gecko Set up_0019.jpg

Well done mate ......

I have been meaning to do something similar with my amyae but just have not got around to it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back