Wild Mouse... Captured at last...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's no wonder they were eventually captured - look - with traps like these:

30186_1203136738029_1816937949_381155_504116_n.jpg

He doesn't appear interested in that shot. Maybe he knows what happens when you go through it now. And how did a mouse get famous so fast?

It's all about marketing Gekambi.... Marketing...

Slim, I reckon it's probably time that MM had his own Facebook page for the young fans out there. And maybe Twitter or Tweeter or whatever that other one is. He'd be raking it in now wouldn't he, ever since he started doing those lip gloss ads? Let him know I saw one of his new billboards the other day, he looked tops!

It would cost more to worm and feed up a single mouse than to just buy one frozen and throw that one in the bin...

It would cost more to worm and feed up a single mouse than to just buy one frozen and throw that one in the bin...

And I was the one called tight as.... geeeeeez!!!

Never-the-less mr boy - the outcome is that MM and G are all safe, sound and secured behind a freshly made mouse/snake wire roof.

G was trying to jump out of the cage... Unfortunately for her she's just a little short... But I can see MM plotting.... he's deep in thought as he looks for some dichromate, a microwave, a lightbulb and 2m of cotton string.

But I can see MM plotting.... he's deep in thought as he looks for some dichromate, a microwave, a lightbulb and 2m of cotton string.

Mate, he'll be gone by morning if he gets hold of that stuff. Also don't let him near paperclips or chewing gum.

I think we must be breeding them....

The latest saga.... But even more advanced methods of capture.....

We've got mice problems and I'm not afraid to admit it.

This one though, far cheekier than the last two (MM and G)... But this one was like MM's boss, you know, the fat one???

He lived in our linen cupboard and stuffed his coffers full of seeds and delicacies left behind from an evening meal.

We found evidence of his hide outs as high as the 5th storey in the linen cupboard - he showed no fear with his climbing ability using simple levers and actions to get to the soaring heights.

But when we had him cornered one morning in the linen cupboard, we went back to our old capture methods - the ol' force him into the bucket trick. We had him - running back and fourth to escape the bucket - but one quick move (from the fat boss) got him the edge and he scuttled under the bucket and towards the dishwasher.... Where we believe he was hiding out for several days.

Until one night we entered the garage to see a scuttling mouse...

We quickly blocked off all exits to the garage and began planning our capture devices.

Device one (sorry, no pictures until patented).

A bucket with a metal rod (I used an aerial) through a Powerade bottle so the bottle spins freely. The bottle had dobs of peanut butter on top so the mouse would walk onto the powerade bottle to collect his bounty and the bottle would spin and he'd fall into the bucket to be collected for processing and prison.

This device requires some significant alterations - as (filmed - but not for public consumption) he walked onto the spinning bottle - he managed to turn it first before entering the device fully and hence couldn't get the peanut butter, but also didn't fall in.

Device two was a rotating piece of wood with counter balanced peanut butter on one end and blu-tak on the other - he'd walk towards the peanut butter but fall into the bucket as the piece of wood spun around.

Unfortunately he managed to spin the rod around and eat the peanut butter without actually entering the rod!

Third and most successful device - I call the Toilet Roll Tipper....

Three toilet rolls taped together, balance precariously on the edge of the bench over a large bucket or enclosure of sorts. At one end some peanut butter so that it just balances the toilet rolls.

The mouse crawls in and the extra mass of the mouse causes the toilet rolls to fall to the bucket with mouse inside...

C * A * P * T * U * R * E * D

But...

I was so excited I showed my family... "Look... in this toilet roll is our mouse..."

I leaned over, lifted the toilet roll - to such an angle that allowed perfect leverage for Super Mouse to fly out, land on the floor (defying gravity) and scuttle away....

I was very upset to be beaten by this mouse... But in reality, to be beaten by a mouse that taught MM everything he knows, it's probably not so bad....

But I reset the devices knowing that the food shortage was becoming critical for the mouse.

The day saw the device again had been set off (the toilet roll had fallen in) but no mouse....

The night saw me set up two new devices next to the original with various other baits including cookies and corn chips...

None of the devices worked over night and none had fallen.

But... This morning, my GF texted me - we have the MOUSE!!!

I was so excited I phoned her - she has the mouse currently in prison... the fat mouse is there too!!!

I asked her which device did it take (thinking peanut butter wouldn't work because he'd already been captured by it before)... so she went to have a look only to fine ANOTHER mouse in the trap too!!!

How many more... how many more must we capture?

haha, that is brilliant, and very ingenious of you. Perhaps this new horde is more like CHAOS agents?
I can just picture them rolling/tipping etc setting off the traps with a "The old peanut butter in the toilet roll trap eh" with the Get Smart theme music playing in the background.

I'm enourmously pleased this amusing tale is continuing, with new & more elaborate avenues to explore. It's like a good TV series. Yes, like Macgyver.

:lol::lol: i'll be right back, i need to refill my popcorn tub..... please don't leave us with a 'cliff hanger' and make us wait for next season :p

let it go or if your worried about worms freeze it of kill it first thats why most here feed thawed out frozen mice 1.is so as possible our snakes could get an injury mice and rats have very strong teeth chew through anything.2 is the freezing process tends to kill worms/bacteria and mentioning you found under a barbie doll car not good idea there are people here that like ribbing people

So glad to see this story continues...
Maybe you SHOULD start breeding them now; considering how smart they both are, imagine the brains on their KIDS! Only smart mice for your snakes from now on...

WOW. This has been an interesting yet rightly odd tale of a mouse and his gang, being captured and processed like chicken feet and pigs snouts!!

Awesome story hahaha you should write a book

Two more fall from the MM Special Weapons and Tactics School for Gifted or Slightly Gifted Mice.

hahahahaha, omg this is gold! I agree with Emily!! I've been getting a fare few chuckles out of it, keep it up!

Someone go let some supermice out in his backyard! Hee hee hee!

I'm not sure you need to.... They're making their own way here... I'm like the Pied Piper of Cairns.... I need bigger enclosures to keep these buggers.... Donations gladly accepted!

This thread will either end with Slim6y producing a mouse capturing device that rivals any rube-goldberg machine, or he slips into dementia and ends up carrying a pocketful of peanut butter everywhere he goes....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back