All my bugs (lots of pics !) :)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ive caught most of mine XD, you can buy them though

@ driftoz : the red kneed tarantula is exotic, just like reptiles, you cant keep exotics :)
lol yeah i know that but they look awsome least i can keep one on my sholder when i get a tattoo of it lol

caught a fair few never kept them for long though, i did want a trapdoor spider for awhile but never see them (have caught a mouse spider before but diddent keep it)

scorp.jpg

Spider.jpg

Beauts mate.. are you on AIF?

I have kept all of those but currently only have about 8 tarantulas and 6 centipede babies that I bred. My favourites have to be praying mantids though, they are for sure the most interesting.

I find scorps and Ts to be pretty darn boring, and centipedes too but insects are so much more active. I really want a tiger beetle, they are awesome!

Cheers

cheers everyone :)

Kenshin : great pics and finds mate :D

Sock Puppet : to say the truth, i never got it ID'd and have never seen or heard of anyone else have any, got some more pics below of it with a female ( female has a purple head )

Megzz : they can bite me if they want too, but ive never gotten bitten/stung :), no australian scorpion or tarantula is venomous so thats good :)

Shaye : they are pretty easy to breed

Phil : i sure am on the AIF ;), and i recommend it to anyone who loves or likes bugs/inverts :) - Australian Invertebrate Forum - Forum

thanks ...
Nick

Attachments

• SDC13339.jpg
    SDC13339.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 180
  • SDC13341.jpg
    SDC13341.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 163
wow i have never seen them spiders before its a bugger that u dont know what they are

wow i have never seen them spiders before its a bugger that u dont know what they are

yer i caught them last year, they passed away a month later :(, they got me into inverts, i wish i knew how to care properly for them back then :/

heres a few pics of a rare mantid i found not long ago :), there about 1.5 - 2cm, tiny

Attachments

• SDC15139.JPG
    SDC15139.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 95
  • SDC15030.JPG
    SDC15030.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 97
  • SDC15038.JPG
    SDC15038.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 126
Those spiders are sac spiders, not sure could be slender sac spiders.. and the mantids are boxer bark mantids, wouldnt call them rare just hard to find as there so small and well camouflaged i have found hundreds.. you just have to know where to look... i currently have around 60 tarantulas, a few pedes (blue leg and an earth pede which is a species that never usually comes out from underground and has no eyes and a soft body like a worm) a northern tree funnelweb-Hadronyche formidabalis (They are rarer then most and also ridiculously venomous, im pretty sure there the second most venomous spider in the world and up to eight times as venomous as a sydney funnelweb and also grow the size of a bird eater as there the largest funnel in the world according to the museum) a few trapdoors from around aus (mostly curtain webs as there my favourite) and about 30 scorpions or so.. used to have alot more but it gets hard looking after them all plus all my herps.

I've seen a tree funnelweb in the wild - their nests are amazing, you'd never know what you were leaning against! Very beautiful spider.

Nice spiders and scorps. I love the wolfies, even though they are common as dirt round here especially, can't help but be drawn to them :) Here's a pic of a recent visitor.

DSCF2193.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back