Wild Mouse... Captured at last...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread will either end with Slim6y producing a mouse capturing device that rivals any rube-goldberg machine, or he slips into dementia and ends up carrying a pocketful of peanut butter everywhere he goes....

Yes, yes you're right....

The toilet roll falling into a bucket just isn't enough....

I'll need dominoes.... sticky tape, and lots of it.... marbles.... fake wind up mice.... far more toilet rolls.... and a much much larger garage!

Your house will be like a life-size version of the board game Mousetrap!

And another one this very second.... We'll soon have enough mice to get a mouse to build a mouse carpet from here to china....

Video of the captives coming soon.....

When you say "mouse carpet" do you mean like a flying carpet, but made of mice? Would they hoist you aloft & carry you around a-la Egyptian slaves carrying Nefrititi?
I think I'd like to have a mouse carpet to carry me to & from work every day. They can carry me while I relax in the traffic, it'd be warm & fluffy, but it might smell a bit.
My snakes would greet me with enthusiasm on my return home then. Probably a bit too much enthusiasm though.

Are you actually intending to have your own colony of slave mice? Treat them well, my friend, lest there be a violent uprising against you.
And you know who would be the main antagonist in such a coup, eh? Bloody MM!

Any chance of a video of your diabolical "Rodent Aquisition Trap & Snare" (RATS) in action?

I've got a video (sorry to change the subject) of one of MM's trainees (merely an apprentice) attempting to hoist a grappling hook fashioned of two pieces of corn, a small amount of rolled newspaper, a Bratz Coat Hanger item reference A64B and of course pea straw purchased from the shop I'll never go back too....

But MM's trainee needs some more training....

Now for the video - how the HELL do I edit it so there's NO sound in it - the Bratz I talk of are ever so loud and I wish that 'hidden' video element to be gone...

Editing program for an MP4???

Here's some low quality video....

[video=youtube;LjInH6wh-mw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjInH6wh-mw[/video]

If you had a couple more dozen mice in that enclosure, it would look like an equalizer for the soundtrack.... But I would have to guess that those mice have been subsisting on coffee beans and sugar.....

If you had a couple more dozen mice in that enclosure, it would look like an equalizer for the soundtrack.... But I would have to guess that those mice have been subsisting on coffee beans and sugar.....

:lol: That and the video cracked me up! Love the song too slim! Still sore from laughing :D

lol he is so cute. You gotta keep him, he's gorgeous and so funny! lol :D
He can be an internet star lol!! :)

train him to be like Mr. jingles off that movie the green mile. roll him a pin wheel make him walk the tight rope

But MM's trainee needs some more training....
mmmm mmmm yes mmmm I see what you mean. Can't fault trainee's enthusiasm, but the execution leaves a lot to be desired.
Probably needed more pea straw.

I want to clarify something... just in case people think I play with stupid Barbie Doll cars....

It's a VW BEETLE... so it's not so stupid!

The funny thing for the mouse is - in order to keep it he's gone into an ex-snake enclosure... and the snake that used to live in that is really upset that a mouse is now living in there. She was watching all night last night - I think she's jealous!

VW? Well, ya got my respect now!!!!!!! lol
If that thing's become a pet and you're going to teach it tricks and make millions out of it, why not give it a name, Mr Jingles, as in the Green Mile???? Good luck with your new little pal!!!!!! PMSL!!

(Darn, that idea's pinged at the post by anntay............... ummm..... great minds think alike?? lol)

And another one falls to the mighty toilet roll tipper....

Though one did fall to the even mightier wooden plank trick....

Oh yes, the ol' wooden plank with a corn chip at one end trick.... Gets em every time!

I need someone like you to catch our mice. At the moment I have three dogs that arn't doing that great a job, maybe I should give them this thread to read.

If you're serious about catching your mice you need the toilet roll tipper and that's it....

hahaha, nice one slum.
I had a similar experience a few years ago, my vegetarian sister wouldn't let us set traditional traps for the mice in our pantry. I placed a large bin near a shelf, then set up a small wooden plank (like a big ruler), with peanut butter on the end. I set it so it would pivot.
The mouse would walk along the wood to get to the peanut butter, the plank would tilt, then mouse be in bottom of bucket. Because it would pivot, the plank naturally re-set itself straight away.
We got 3 mice in the first night.

Have no recollection what we did with them...

hahaha, nice one slum.
I had a similar experience a few years ago, my vegetarian sister wouldn't let us set traditional traps for the mice in our pantry. I placed a large bin near a shelf, then set up a small wooden plank (like a big ruler), with peanut butter on the end. I set it so it would pivot.
The mouse would walk along the wood to get to the peanut butter, the plank would tilt, then mouse be in bottom of bucket. Because it would pivot, the plank naturally re-set itself straight away.
We got 3 mice in the first night.

Have no recollection what we did with them...

It's like god telling them what to do!

I need ot set up three toilet paper tilters and one wooden rocker - because mine require manual resets.... If I could only train the mice to reset it themselves...

Incidentally - for those counting - we're at 9....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back