4x4 help!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bredli-sli

Reaction score
hey guys, dads giving me him work car, a suzuki vitara, 1992, short wheel based. its the special model, soft top, air con, dunno why with a sift top...
belive it or not,
its got loads of grunt!

i have plans for it, basicly to beat the old land crusiers.

but im having trouble.

rang for some quotes on lift kits, and apprently i can only get a 1 inch lift kit? but iv seen them heaps higher.
any idea's? custom job maybe?

im also getting a sport exaust made.
any help would be awesome!
lets beat the land crusiers!
even though we have one :/
pics for ideas two :)

cheers jordan!

I think it would depend on whether you went with a body lift, in which you put spacers between the body and suspension, so your lifting the body without altering the suspension,which i think is what you might have been quoted on, and also you can use raised springs and blocks, combine the 2 for ultimate lift, check out the auszookers � � Home forum

haha mate you will never beat a properly set up cruiser. Mate you would have to check and see what the laws are in terms of lift i dont no alot about the smaller 4x4's but i would be guessing if you got it lifted higher than the 1" you might need to get a mod plate not sure something to look into tho.

But yes i have seen a few out at land cruiser park with massive lifts that are still road legal, or if the arnt road legal they are yet to be pulled up about it

just be wary as if you get customs done. you may get a defect warning (i did), on height and stuff being 16/17 i assume you are on your ls or p plates.

hah never beat a cruiser! '85 cruiser bundera, engine changed to holden 308 EFi, 3 inch lift ( think max lift is 2inch in WA before its illegal) 36 inch mickey thompsons. You could put that thing in 4wd and still smoke the wheels hah. recently sold unfortunatly whats dads project but was the greatest beast for 4 wheel driving as the SWB made it great for rock climbing.

i never said ill beat one guys lol, i think the cruisers are great! weve got one our selfs, only id have one, but i dont have that money at 16, and cant afford to run it lol, i got quoted on springs, but hey you guys have give me ideas...... alot ahah, cheers any more?

IFS, anything above 1 inch begins to get damaging/expensive. A body lift is probably a good option but you will most likely need a mod plate. Vits are great little trucks, Ive seen first hand some of the stuff they can do with just a 2 inch body lift and some muddies and its insane! Enjoy yourself

no offence but its a vitara ur gonna need all the help u can get to get out of every sand pit or puddle u go thru

sell it and buy an fj40

weve taken it along the boarder track with the other crusiers , the cruisers we went with have done the cape, we went with them in ours the year befor, and we didnt get bogged at all in the smaller mud tracks.

i might even look at bigger wheels, and the body lift and just gett slightly tougher springs.

nothing to seriours. just another hobby other than snakes, + it shall gett me were ill see them in the wild

Can only legally lift 2 inches wihout all the tickets and red tape
Try ultimate suspension and some good coopers or yokies thy have a half inch lift just in the tyres

vitara V landcruiser??? someone tell him he's dreamin' !!!! lol

You really are a dreamkiller! lol
Get some lift, big tyres, learn how to replace your own wheel bearings and you'll have heaps of fun. But like has been said, some good recovery points wont go astray :)

its worth the try, i had just guest that short wheel based would be betterr, theirs no room in it, to go away. so im just chucking my gear in dads 80!

just abit of fun but shall do for now! so im thinking the blocks you can get to raise it, im getting sunraysia rims with a lot biggers tyres. although big tyres, good bbye talk (how ever its spelt)

just cant win lol. i gett some pictures up once it done

vitara V landcruiser??? someone tell him he's dreamin' !!!! lol
you would be suprised when you go out to blackduck and places west. the smaller 4x4 pwn the big ones due to the lower weight, shorter length (dont bottom out as easily) they just power through alot of the things cruisers and alike have trouble through.

Agree with the above. of course you can always make a big 4X4 more capable simply due to the larger size, but trust me zooks are not that bad.. I have a wide track sierra with only a slight body lift, 50mm suspension lift and bigger tyres (still on stock rims so not too wide) and it goes alright. Famous racing quote: "to go fast, add lightness". Different aim but similar concept ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back