Trouble with brissie EWDs?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

morgs202

Reaction score
A couple of months ago I noticed a medium sized EWD in my back yard sitting there with its mouth open and something hanging out. At first I thought it was regurgitating but when I looked closer I noticed it appeared very mucusy (spelling?). I managed to catch it and get to a reptile vet who also took wildlife and they found it to be fairly nasty bacterial infection. It was released to a carer but I'm not sure what happened after that. Then today I dropped home on a lunch break and found a much larger EWD showing the exact same symptoms. Unfortunately he managed to evade me, but I'll continue to keep an eye out for him cause it really didn't look good. I'm just wondering if anyone else around Brissie, in particular around Mt Cootha has noticed anything like this?
Cheers, Morgs

Anyone? I'm kinda worried that either someones dropping some kind of nasty insecticide or that it could be the start of some kind of epidemic

I hadn't noticed any EWDs looking anything but terrified of my dog when they were in my yards... I'll get my bf to keep an eye out, though. Maybe someone at UQ might know? If it's a local epidemic, someone's probably doing their thesis on it? Or maybe parks and wildlife? Or could ask if around at Mt Cootha botanicals... heaps of EWDs in there... Sorry can't be of more help, mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back