New Castle Enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

user 16446

Reaction score
Completed, installed and habitated...

Attachments

• DSC02656.jpg
    DSC02656.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 300
  • DSC02664.jpg
    DSC02664.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 299
  • DSC02660.jpg
    DSC02660.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 251
  • DSC02648.jpg
    DSC02648.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 302
  • DSC02668.jpg
    DSC02668.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 258
they look unreal,..!! (as expected)
ill definately come over on the weekend to check them out in real life,....WOW!!

who got the tall one?

Look great, amazing what people can do when they get creative!

That was quick Chris, only posted it seconds ago, lol.

My first bredli got the tall one, which is now approaching 2kg. It also needs to be fitted out with some branches and vines, but she's made the rounds already and settled inside the hidebox. Male waterpython got the top bay, albino darwin the middle one and the female water got the bottom one so I don't get a face full of teeth when I open the door.

haha, thats because ive been waiting fro pix all morning! :)

i finally decked out the last one u built for me last weekend, so there'll be another 'king sirloin the legend' thread up soon,..! :)!

Thanks for your comments. A bit of detail on the enclosures...

They are built out of 16mm MDF (Medium Density Fibreboard), sometimes called craftwood. Brickwork was routed with a flat 'V' groove bit, then adjusted for a shallower cut for the cracks. Some areas where 3 cracks merged were routed to form a missing chip. The edges were done with a chamfering bit, all by hand to produce a rough effect.

It was then painted with 'wattyl stone finish'. The grout lines, cracks and edges were brush painted, then when dry, the rest using a roller. After the first coat, the cracks were marked in with a black artline marker, then two more coats of paint rolled on.

That's it. Also, all the timber used only came to $200! After fittings, glass, paint, accessories etc, the whole thing probably cost very close to $1000. In total it measures 1800mm high, 1900mm long and 520mm deep. All light and heat cages were custom made by myself.

They look unreal mate, nice attention to detail...good work

wow - and heres me thinking you made your enclosures out of some type of brick or tile - awesome effect, looks so real.

It's been a few weeks since this enclosure was completed and the inhabitants are loving their 'prestigious' new home, lol. I'm pretty set for enclosures right now but I'm still looking for ideas for the next design. My mum is not a snake person in any way but is always asking when I'm going to start on the next enclosure, (I think because it keeps me off the bike ;) ).

If anyone can think of something new, special, radical, or unique, please post your ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back