Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Correction........SXR did not produce ALL of ours.....
SXR only produced ALL our adults.......BUT, our adults have produced albino's with black scales.......

Yes, i do see people naming all typs of albino's......faded, high contrast, etc, etc......

So do yours look different to SXR's? The faded are still known as faded albino, high contrast are still known as high contrast albinos. they haven't been re-named, just given more definition. Are you planning on doing this with yours ie newname paradox albinos or just give them a new name completely?

"Black Spot Albino's"

"Hyper Spot Albino's"

Do we get a prize..... like one of them if you take up the name....lol ;)

PM me as well with a price please?
Cheers mate..

im very excited about this more then ever. i have wanted a paradox since first seeing the pics of the animal at SXR. now knowing that it may be heritable (well more so then previously thought)... very exciting, i love them!

i can see why people are 'against' renaming! if SXR produced the first ones and then more have been produced from animals that have been purchased from SXR hence you purchased the gene, after the 'trait' has been labelled, then they are paradox albinos. its no different if i purchased a hypo from SXR and then produced 'hypos' but because i produced then i wanted to label them something other then hypo... when in fact thats what they are.

anyway i like dalmation as wokka said early on in the thread. best of luck, please keep us updated. im VERY interested in the project!
is the black noticeable in hatchlings or is it something that establishes over time?

yes id definalty be breeding albino x albino both showing the black spots.

if the trait is inheritable some of the offspring will be albino and will show the spots, probably even more noticable then its parents.. then breed het peppered albino x peppered albino and see what happens.. if only i had money haha

"Poker Dot Albino's" :D

man i'm into this gig...lol

But love to see some pics!!!

Can you answer Jas's question, which is interesting about visual scales as hatchies????

Pepper means differant things to differant people, I like a nice coat of co**** black pepper, however others like a sp**** sprinkling and is barely noticeable. So if you don't include a picture, then how about an apx count eg 1-100. 1 scale in 100 is coloured?

Photos to show the amount of peppering would be good, I have a woma that has a couple of haphazard white scales at the moment but I am reluctant to name it a salted woma at this point ;-)
"Snowflake woma "sounds cool...loll Although Caustic, i'm sure you'll show us some pics though! ;) Show him yours and maybe he'll show us his! lol

here is a pic of mine
IMG_0644.jpg

:shock: oh wait thats just s * * * on it

hahaha I was trying to encourage others to post pics of their paradox albino's

In answer to the OP's original question, "Paradox Albino" is the term used in herpetology around the world so why would you attempt to change it? It refers to a specific genetic trait found in animals in collections everywhere, all over the globe, just punch it into Google, albinos with black or other dark scales are what you come up with. It most certainly does not refer ONLY to an animal held by SXR!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back