Swimming after dinner?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon3310

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Haha so here I was impressed with my little Jungle's quick feeding tonight (3rd week with me, first time she has eaten in front of me) until I found her sitting in the water bowl. The Bredli will usually heads to his hot spot and I thought she would at least go back to her hide rather than the coldest part of the enclosure. Is this normal, any ideas about what's up with that?

I'm assuming she will do what she needs to, just seems a bit funny. I think she needs bigger mice by the way, not much of a bulge there.
IMG_0453_fb.JPG

Hey Mate

About 2/3 of the time my stimson python will retreat to his water bowl and usually drink but does also submerge his whole body in his water bowl then head to his hot spot, i'd say just absorbing some water to help the meal go down

Must be something like that. She seemed quite comfortable chilling in there for about an hour before heading up the branches. She is certainly getting a lot more comfortable as she settles in, I will be interested to see what else she decides to do.

And I agree about the markings! I may be biased but possibly the best looking one I've seen ;) Her mum has a great colour too, am looking forward to seeing how mine looks by next year. I have no idea about sheds just yet but we'll see what happens.

LOL my coastal did this for the first time last night, after eating the biggest rat he has had to date,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back