New Snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mike83

Reaction score
I got a new snake today a Pygmy Stimson from ANTARESIA1 awesome snake now own 2 snakes :) Will post some pics in a few days time.

Big thanks to Andy for the great snake and rack and all the help really appreciate it mate.

Congratulations! Its always exciting. Looking forward to seeing the pictures.

Congrats! What is a pygmy stimson though? Never heard of them...

Here are some pics sorry they are not the best quality as my camera isn't that great hope you like the pics tho, I'm very happy I got the snake such a awesome snake :)
100_2739.jpg

100_2741.jpg

100_2751.jpg

100_2757.jpg

100_2759.jpg

Thanks Shaye he is going great :)

Does any one else have Pygmy Stimson's if so would love to see some pics of them.

I've never heard of them Mike, can you give me any other info? Where are they from, why are they pygmy etc?

I've never heard of them Mike, can you give me any other info? Where are they from, why are they pygmy etc?

I'm fairly new to snakes so don't know a great deal about them maybe ANTARESIA1 can give some more info about them in this thread as I got the snake from him, he is a great guy was great to deal with I do know that snake ranch are going to have some at some stage as well they had one at the reptile expo at homebush.

Pygmy Python - Antaresia perthensis. Smallest python in the world with a max length of 62cms. Endemic to WA from Goldsworthy in the north (Pilbara Region) to North West Cape, south to Mullewa in the mid west and east to Wiluna.

Info courtesy of Glen Gaikhorst Keeping & Breeding Australian Pythons.

I've had an interest in these pythons for some time and will most defiantly make them part of my collection in the future. Don't see them come up for sale regularly.

Nice little python you've got there Mike, just a little green with envy.

Thank you Wally76 for the info on the topic, Yeah its a great python very pleased with it I really like the color and patterns :)

Pygmy pythons and stimsons pythons are two seperate species.

I've never heard of a pygmy stimsons. Has their been any scientific studies done on this 'dwarf' stimsons?

I'm fairly sure it's just a simple naming mistake and that it is in fact a Pygmy python.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back