Show us your crocs!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LadyJ

Hehe, I'm interested in seeing if anyone here has crocodiles, pictures of set-ups and the animal would be great!
I'd love to own one myself... but I can't see that happening, so if I could just drool over others that'd suit fine!
8)

Anyone keep these beautiful animals? I'm so interested to see!
:D

For those of you who keep crocs, what size caging will you be providing when they are adults?

probably an unused pool in 20years time when it is adult.

Until then, i am about to start building his own shed with a 1.8meter diameter tank to swim around in.

That sounds amazing! I would love a freshie, but the issue would be housing as an adult :(

Just do it Jay. You have ten years at least before you need to worry about doing anything serious.

love the photo of the freshie,i would love to own a croc but i cant becouse im in nsw.if anyone knows how to get a permit in nsw,let me know.

love the photo of the freshie,i would love to own a croc but i cant becouse im in nsw.if anyone knows how to get a permit in nsw,let me know.

I think the only way is to hold a demonstrator licence from DPI.

Hahahaha bfg23 !

Maybe.... maybe! They seem to only require a simple setup? Water heater, UV light and a good quality filter?

What is their growth rate?

Setup and maintainence is so easy. I feed him off the tongs a few times a week and change some of the water out every fortnight or so, and thats it.

I have two internal filters and a 300watt water heater. 50watt heat lamp for the dock, and a household fluro tube for lighting. I feed him nearly completely on rodents and goldfish, so I dont supply UV.

I used to have the water a bit hotter and was almost powerfeeding him, and he was growing pretty quickly, but upon speaking to a few other croc owners I turned the temps down and stopped feeding so much, and the growth has slowed down a bit.

I have a photo of me holding it when it was six months old, and ill get some photos of me holding it now its 18months old so you can see the difference.

Nearly the most amusement I get out of all my collection is watching the croc hunt when I get him a dozen goldfish every now and then. Ill get some videos next time if I remember.

Nice freshy & setup bfg23, can I ask who was the breeder?

Thanks for the info bfg23, sounds like you have a great setup and a nice healthy croc!

Definitely something to consider once i own my own house i think!

Mr.Boyd, to my knowledge nearly all the captive crocs come from croc farms.
Freshies are sexually mature at 17years old(from memory), so to have enough room for a pair of adults, and to house the hatchies, in a private collection would be insane.

That being said. I will be surprised if there is any private breeders.

Mr.Boyd, to my knowledge nearly all the captive crocs come from croc farms.
Freshies are sexually mature at 17years old(from memory), so to have enough room for a pair of adults, and to house the hatchies, in a private collection would be insane.

That being said. I will be surprised if there is any private breeders.

They dont all come from Croc farms actually. Our boy Lucian (Salty) came from Billabong Sanctuary in Townsville and URS breed Freshies, so yes, there are some private breeders.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back