Show us your crocs!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was kind of referring to backyard breeders, rather than wildlife sanctuarys, but thanks for the information.

Where are the pictures of 'Lucian' then?

Im sure some one with a few acres could breed freshies lol

I would sell my soul to be allowed to keep a freshie... Stupid QLD laws.
Lucky there's enough in the wild around here to keep me relatively happy ;-)

I would sell my soul to be allowed to keep a freshie... Stupid QLD laws.
Lucky there's enough in the wild around here to keep me relatively happy ;-)

you can in qld... u just need a dem. licence

I was kind of referring to backyard breeders, rather than wildlife sanctuarys, but thanks for the information.

Where are the pictures of 'Lucian' then?

Right here, didn't have any saved on the laptop I was using in my first post. You will find there are 'backyard' breeders of crocs by the way
DSC08960.jpgDSC08965.jpgDSC08963.jpg

An awful lot are wild coleected as eggs in the NT too.

They dont all come from Croc farms actually. Our boy Lucian (Salty) came from Billabong Sanctuary in Townsville and URS breed Freshies, so yes, there are some private breeders.

Folks just remember, when ur thinking of gettign a pet croc, that crocs get this big!

DSC00997.jpg

Yeah, I know, it's disgusting. That's a whole other kettle of fish though!

Great pic! Is it a local?

It's not disgusting. It's sustainable and humane. AND if you buy off anyone other than a private breeder you are supporting the practice.

Yes that one is a local. It lives in 'White Lady' on the East Aligator. Big grumpy thing it is too, growls at your boat when ur driving past and has tail whipped my boat.

No I work with them (six salties, one freshie) when I'm not at uni, I have my little 3 footer though looked after by work while i'm studying

I was going to say that that place looked a lot like dundees wildlife park:D

Last edited:
yep Dundee's! Have you seen my croc? He's the one in the modified rainwater tank by Heartburn, I built it completely out of my own pocket to try and initiate the park to improve the small crocs enclosures, you would have seen their tanks, I've tried for 3 years now to try and upgrade the croc tanks but because the park is owned by the hotel it's near impossible to do anything about it due to we need approval before we do anything, and almost all the staff feel the same way (don't get me wrong by this the park takes great care of them and they are loved but they simply need the little crocs in enclosures that they can easily access them for our holding tours so they are in very simple small setups)

hi guys where is the best place to buy a freshie from as just getting my demonstrater licence and realy want to get hold of one they are so cool

im in nsw,if i get a demonstrater lisence does that mean i have to show the public in demonstrations.

In NSW the best way to go about obtaining a crocodile permit is to hold a non-indigenous animal permit. That way you are not required to display the animal, however you must prove to the DPI that you are capable and trained to work with crocs. Around 8 yrs ago the then National Parks and Wildlife Service had an amnesty in relation to reptiles that were unregistered and unlicenced, the NPWS granted a few owners of crocs "Special Permits" these are no longer on offer and only those people who were granted them are allowed to keep crocs (even then only the animals they originaly owned). In order to satisfy the DPI you must also have plans of enclosures, contingency plans for escape, vet details, a contract with the place you purchase the croc that if you are unable to care for the animal it can be returned, council approval (varys on area concerned if you are rural its unlikely you will need this). However if you are very dedicated and willing to jump through the hoops and comply with all requirments then it is a rewarding and wonderfull experience to own a croc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back