My Beautiful Murray Darling Pair now 19mths old!:)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cemspec

Reaction score
Its been awhile since I have been on here and thought I would show everyone how beautiful my two 19month old murray darling pair are now.

Their colour is gorgeous and their nature is even better! My six year old son owns the girl and hubby owns the boy (they are really mine as I do everything for them but dont tell the others! :lol:) They are a very under rated snake as they can have the best nature, very hardy and can have just the best colours if you do your homework when looking around for one and can see the parents first!

I bought my two from 'Helikaon' absolutely loved their father and am very lucky that they both look just like him. The MD's get better with age and colour up later but my two started nice from the beginning and just havent stopped! Out of all my snakes these two are my favourites.

Enjoy - My girl is 1st - Penelope then my boy - Clyde

Attachments

• MDarling-Penelope.jpg
    MDarling-Penelope.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 146
  • MDarling-Clyde.jpg
    MDarling-Clyde.jpg
    221.3 KB · Views: 126
:D
they are looking great. that brown should get more red as they grow. very cool nice to hear you like them.

very nice, i also have a MD, named princess, she is around 18mths now, but smaller than your two.. she is on 1 hopper, every 7 or so days.. do you think this is enough? she has a great temprement and is a mummys girl..

They are a pair of good looking MDs.

Our older guys have got real strong banding, whereas our younger pair have stronger distinction between colours and are starting to really get that strong reddish brown colouring happening.

very nice, i also have a MD, named princess, she is around 18mths now, but smaller than your two.. she is on 1 hopper, every 7 or so days.. do you think this is enough? she has a great temprement and is a mummys girl..

Hi 1stprincess yes the MD's are a great snake and my favourite. What they say is if you feed your snake every 10 days or so with food weighing about 30% of your snakes weight, so weigh your girl and work out 30% of her body weight and that is her recommended food size. I hope that helps

Thanks MDSTIM for your comments and Helikaon for breeding me such gorgeous snakes!

Like father like "children"
DSCF2308.jpg

You're right about the colours, stunning snakes :D I have a 17 month old MD, and he's a sook. Sometimes when I have him out I fill up a glass of water, and when I show it to him he leans down and has a drink. He's the snake I show to people who are scared, nothing bothers him. People can make fast hand movements in front of his face and he either doesn't react at all, or he'll come closer to the fast moving hand to see what it is. I had a couple of new friends come over the other day, and one is still a bit scared of snakes but likes them. She loved Prince and was patting him. She said she wants to hold him next time she comes over.

The other friend bought her first snake a couple of weeks ago which is a 2 year old Olive python. I would have been too chicken to have a snake that big as my first. She isn't put off about how big the snake will get either... I also warned her about the snake bug... can't just have one!

they are usually very well tempered snakes, though i have one clutch from the new female which every single one turned out with a jungle temperament. terrible little creatures. but a few that have potential colour wise. if any one else has some updated photos of oens they purchased from me i would love to see them. pm, or if cemspec doesnt mind, post on here.

cheers
Gary

Thats not a problem Helikaon I actually pm'd AD as I would love to see how his are growing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back