cunningham's skink temperament

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cunningham

i think they can i have 2 and they are fine once i got them in my hand. pm me i am selling them too.

they are not very good to handle, they are skittish and will jump and run, they can be lightning fast and will easily get away, i do not reccomend it.

depends on individual skink,but if you really want to handle one just be careful it mite jump and run away,thye can be tolerant somewhat,but i remeber catching cunninghams and wild bearded dragons as a child and thinking bearded dragons would never handle well in captivity,and there now the most popular pet of all herps,(they where eastern beardeds though ,however ive seen many quiet ones in captivity now)

another interesting fact about cunninghams i learnt recently was talking to peter harlow curator of reptiles Taronga zoo.He has a captive specimen he aquired at an Australian herp society meeting in 1967,now still in his care with full records kept,he said hes waiting for it to die so he can write a paper on this creature !

i have 2 cunningham skinks getting another 4 this weekend. and out of this six only one of them can be held. and he will happily sit on your soulder or bed for quite afew hours :)

cunningham Skinks

I want to buy a cunningham's skink but I want to know if they can be handled.:|
Yes they can be handled I had mine for 7 years (I lost one to liver failure last year, but theyre extremley tame, different temperament to a beardie or blue tounge, they take longer to tame and can be scitterish, Ive handled mine everyday since 2 weeks old so theyre are very placid, but they have quite a secretive reclusive nature, not good pets for children though. Hope this gives you some insight.

Mine is really tame. He lives with my eastern beardy and both will happily be handled, hand feed ect. I got him as an adult too and he was soooo cranky when we first met but has since calmed down into a very happy, tame if somewhat hyperactive fellow. Word of warning though, if they do bolt they are unbelievably quick

you cant expect me to sell them you! you didnt contact me for 2 weeks!
This thread is getting interesting lol.

I have 16 cunninghams. Out of all them none of them like to be handled. They are skittish when warm and they love to bite ;) But i was talking to another bloke and he said once you handle abit more they tame up very easily

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back