i sold a snake now thay dont want him and want me to take him back

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like everyone has said, I would 100% get it back but only refund half the money for all the stuffing around.

G'day

I think everyone is right. You should take it back since it has only been a day and for the welfare of the snake. But....I also would only refund half the money for mucking you around ( Get the snake and movement advice back in your hands first, then give her the cash and run! ).

Also, isn't it required in NSW to be over the age of 18 to hold a Reptile Licence? But if the licence is in the mother's name then they are both to blame since the mother should have known what she was getting in the first place.

if you dont want to take the snake back . just tell her you would take it back ........ but you dont make the rules , npws does so you cant take it back because of the 6 month rule lol

pass my number( ill give it to you) on to her ill take it from her hands :) this was the 2yr old male stimmie from central coast wasnt it it sounds familiar you had it advertised for quiet some time ay?

This girl is only 17...do you really think you need to be that harsh on her, taking half the money???

Maybe ten dollars I feel is more than sufficient.

I know that she has been a pain, but I have more respect for her wanting you to take it back than to ill treat it..

This girl is only 17...do you really think you need to be that harsh on her, taking half the money???

Maybe ten dollars I feel is more than sufficient.

I know that she has been a pain, but I have more respect for her wanting you to take it back than to ill treat it..
i agree 100%

FAY, some lessons need to be learnt. You can not go and purchase an animal without asking your parents.

It is not like a shop where they have a refund or exchange policy, purchasing an animal should not be taken lightly.

Also the seller has probably FINALLY sold the animal after advertising for some time, its not fair, what if the

money received has already been spent?

I have been in this situation I refunded 3/4 of the money but now I tel them to read the back of their licence you must hold the reptile for 6 months before you sell it

iv decided to take him back and refund all but $20 for the stuffaround after being on the phone to her and all her famly thanks for all your posts guy

if you bought a python at a expo ect or something . then you rang the seller up the next day to tell them you changed your mind and could you get your money back . they would tell you to get stuffed ... and what if the same situation was done with someone from nsw and the other person say from vic . you would have freight charges x 2 and export /import permits x 2 $30 a pop . who would pay this? the seller ... because the girl is 17 ?.. or do you only have to take it back when there is no freight charges and permit charges involved ?

If it were my parents involved they would be telling you to keep your money. Teach me a lesson.

iv decided to take him back and refund all but $20 for the stuffaround after being on the phone to her and all her famly thanks for all your posts guy

That sounds fair Trento....good to see not everyone is overly harsh!!!
Jay...I am sure you would not be that harsh?

Im with Jay, she should learn that pets are big responsibilities and that they shouldn't be bought on a whim. I dont see how "she is only 17" is a defense. Just because someone is still a kid doesn't mean they dont know what they are doing, as we all should know. If anything now is the perfect time to show that life isnt all about her and what she wants, and that if she makes a decision she must be responsible and carry it out, or go about accepted methods of fixing it, not just "i dont want it anymore, take it back and i want my money". I know that if i did something reckless like that, i wouldn't want people handling it differently just because im a kid...

Im with Jay, she should learn that pets are big responsibilities and that they shouldn't be bought on a whim. I dont see how "she is only 17" is a defense. Just because someone is still a kid doesn't mean they dont know what they are doing, as we all should know. If anything now is the perfect time to show that life isnt all about her and what she wants, and that if she makes a decision she must be responsible and carry it out, or go about accepted methods of fixing it, not just "i dont want it anymore, take it back and i want my money". I know that if i did something reckless like that, i wouldn't want people handling it differently just because im a kid...
I totally agree. I knew perfectly well what I was doing when I snuck out of my room at 17 to go get my first snake after mum had said 'No!' that morning :lol: Sadly I got caught on the way to my car :(

Now you will have to quaruntine the animal again as you have no idea where it has been.
Feed it again, pay for its electricity again, relist it for sale again and risk being stuffed around by tyre kickers again.

All for a $20 profit haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back