Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

D3pro

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Seriously... how old is this kid?

[video=youtube;sz9Dyn3C5Hc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz9Dyn3C5Hc&feature=related[/video]

Makes you slightly more confident doesn't it?

He sounds like a typical overnight expert that the internet is plagued with, if he was such an expert where are all the adults he has raised?

lol... he got asked;

"should I get a gtp for my first snake?"

he replied;

"no you should get more experience before you buy a gtp"

I have 2 theories;
1: He has rich parents and this his 50th attempt to raise a gtp
2: His parents are into reptiles and are helping him.

I'm more inclined to go with 1

The tickling of the belly is most important when removing them.
There like really delicate ive had heaps die due to unknown reasons but luckly i can cry and mum buys me another and we just download a new care
sheet and try again lol.
Cut a pinky in half...i dont see that going well.
Theres ink and dyes in reptibark??? lol
Only thing i found interesting was hes using the thermometer i was looking at getting off ebay, $3 which includes post aint bad lol.
Amazing how cheap stuff is when u expand your search outside the reptile catagory on ebay.

He sounds like a typical overnight expert that the internet is plagued with, if he was such an expert where are all the adults he has raised?
a we bit jealous newbies. the kids from the states gtp are like coastals here, cheap

Quite an entertaining little spiel.

I'd love to get to own one sometime down the track and hopefully I would have gained the experience and know how by then....I'll try and ensure that I keep an open mind and soak up all the useful information out there.

Their is no reason why he couldn't have gathered the knowledge needed from various books/Internet ,talked to experienced chondro keepers ect to keep and raise a baby chondro.

D3pro - maybe if you read up on chondros and went to some herp meetings ,talk to some experienced herpers ect instead of making threads like these, you would be prepared to successfully keep/raise a baby Gtp.

Keep positive D3pro :D

Their is no reason why he couldn't have gathered the knowledge needed from various books/Internet ,talked to experienced chondro keepers ect to keep and raise a baby chondro.

D3pro - maybe if you read up on chondros and went to some herp meetings ,talk to some experienced herpers ect instead of making threads like these, you would be prepared to successfully keep/raise a baby Gtp.

Keep positive D3pro :D

Done and done fusion. I am ready, I have lots of experienced keepers that have been helping me for a very long time... also, It was a rhetorical question... like, if he can, then anyone (with the right reading) can too! :)

a we bit jealous newbies. the kids from the states gtp are like coastals here, cheap
Yeah your right I wouldn't mind one or 2 GTP's, and I would have loved the oppurtunity to own a snake like that at the age of 13 but hey I guess Il have to save up for mine, but when I do I sure as hell wouldn't be following a care sheet made by someone who looks like they are a beginner them selves, mind you though he is probably more knowledgeable than alot of other US snake owners who dont bother learning how to keep them alive but instead replace or release it when something goes wrong

Only thing i found interesting was hes using the thermometer i was looking at getting off ebay, $3 which includes post aint bad lol.
Thermometer? I believe he refers to it as "the, um, temperature thing."

I love the "Their spines are like really, really delicate" - so that's why he pokes it :)

i coulda made that vid based on stuff you read on the net .. and i havent kept pythons long at all.

parents with more money then sense imo

Ah good on him, thats a lot better than what most teenagers with a video camera and an internet connection are up to.

Sounds like sour grapes! A young fella who knows more than the rest of you older n00bs, get over it!

Sounds like sour grapes! A young fella who knows more than the rest of you older n00bs, get over it!

bahahah you said what we were all thinking. lol i think he did a good job. even if he is just reading from a text book it still shows initiative which is more then i can say for a lot of people, whether its a GTP or Blue tongue skink.

What he said was pretty well spot on. A few things I would avoid, such as turning the snake up side down to get it off its perch (no need for that), as soon as you touch them, they tighten up the coils including the delicate tails, etc.. He has done his homework, good on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back