Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanTheMan

Very Well-Known Member
Banned
Reaction score
I've spent the last 4 months working on a cattle station up in the Kimberely, although I didn't do much herping, here's a few pics of what i stumbled across around the station or on the 8000km return trip.
Some of the more interesting things that weren't photographed included Black Whips, Stimsons Pythons, Black Headed Python, Sombre Whip Snake, Pygmy Mulga, Frilled Neck Lizards, plus the many Monitor, Skink and Gecko species. The Kimberely is an amazing place, thoroughly enjoyed my time up there and can't wait to get up there come October!

Start with a bit of scenery
Victoria River, NT
IMG_3670.jpg

IMG_4288.jpg

Ord River, Kununurra, WA
OrdRiver.jpg

Which was where we caught some of these things. It isn't a trip to the top end without catching a Barra!
IMG_4176.jpg

Wetlands of Legune Station, NT
IMG_3998.jpg

Salties of Legune Station
IMG_4005.jpg

Where I worked, Spring Creek Station, WA
IMG_3482.jpg

Nice big Olive Python
IMG_0564.jpg

IMG_0551.jpg

IMG_0575.jpg

Childrens Python
IMG_4218.jpg

IMG_4214.jpg

Night Tiger I had to smack on the head, car infront of me didn't quite do the job.
Picture008-4.jpg

Thorny Devil
Picture006-4.jpg

I would like to tell you this was a live, but unfortunately it was dead on the road near Winton. Still exciting to see!
Collett's
IMG_4347.jpg

IMG_4344.jpg

Speaks for itself, Storr's Monitor near Cloncurry
Picture001-3.jpg

A few shots on the job
Walking cattle back to the house yards
IMG_0415.jpg

IMG_0486.jpg

Last edited:
Very good pics dantheman.would be great working on a cattle station up there.

Incredible pics (makes me wanna go back) and thanks for sharing
Cheers
Sandee :)

Great pictures Dan the kimberleys looks like a great place, cheers for uploading

Awesome stuff! Really sucks when you have to come back here and just see yellow-faced whips doesn't it?

Looks like you had a blast!!!
some very nice photos!
cheers mate !

I wasn't being sarcastic! I think it's a great common name! It was first coined on this forum a few years back.

Stewart

Oh right haha, cool name for a cool snake! I ran to the rescue when I herd "Brown snake!" screamed from the girls quarters, these Browns are the most variable snake I have ever come accross.

Awesome stuff! Really sucks when you have to come back here and just see yellow-faced whips doesn't it?

I've just cracked open the 1st of many beers for tonight, in a few 6 packs time I'll look over all my photo's listening to "By a Fire of Gidgee Coal" by Slim Dusty, and most probably cut my wrists.

great pics mate thanks for shring. makes me so mad when u see polution the cause of a animals death

Nice pics dan

Jordan is correct the storr's is actually an Ackie

Cheers,
Scott

Woa.. I'm so jealous, I'd love to go the territory. I am graduating as a vet next year, so I think my time for working on a station is gone, and I hate that as I would've loved to take a year off to do that. Maybe I can lad a job up there for a few years..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back